LAMC Tecate Sprint Enduro 5DEC2015

Discussion in 'Racing' started by robertaccio, Oct 6, 2015.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    FULL GAS SPRINT ENDURO is coming to Baja on December 5, 2015.
    · Hotel Santa Veronica is almost sold out. If you want to reserve a room, call Joan Ellis at 619-423-3830 NOW, do not wait.
    · Stay posted as the Club is deciding its final touches to the event this week. We will be disclosing further details at the top of this list soon.
    · For faster news updates, join the Facebook Los Ancianos Discussion Group. For only the most important notifications, like the Facebook Los Ancianos Notification Page.
    · The annual Los Ancianos race this year will be a fun new format for all off roaders.
    · What is it?
    · "World Enduro-style special test racing on fun, flowing grass track and wide, groomed trails. No time keeping, no transfer sections, just wide open racing".
    · This is the generic description, but of course our event will have a few added features to give it that special Baja and Los Ancianos feeling. Basically each rider will be racing against the clock, sort of like the Baja 500, except you will be on a short loop one rider starting every minute or so. Multiple loops with a break in between so you can race all out, rest and recover, then race the next loop. Lots of details need to be worked out, but the Ancianos are excited about this new format which should be more fun for racers and spectators. · Google it to see what they are doing back east in the U.S. and in Europe with this format.
    Huskynoobee and TROFFER88 like this.
  2. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    Great format although I would still love to do an old ball buster from the 80s....

You guys will have fun wish I was back.... nexy year I'm in
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    trust me Ron the 2014 was a ball buster as much as any of the old school LAMC enduros, I am at 50% rate now... 94 I houred out on my KTM300, 97 I opted out at lunch from fatigue and close to houring out anyway (KTM300), 2010 finished OK(TXC450), 2014 finished very well (for me)(TE300)
    jmetteer likes this.
  4. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    See thats the races that build memories.... lol

But people dont like that anymore, they wanna cruise around on their $15,000 bikes and talk about how awesome they were.....

Late 80s on a 500xc i didnt (couldnt) talk about the for a week because I was still tired.... man those were hard ass races
    robertaccio likes this.
  5. Husq-a-daygo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    15' TE300, 16'FE450
    Oats are getting broadcast on the Tecate infield this week. With the upcoming rain there should be grass for the chicanes. (3) 5-9 mile loops for the course this year. Will be super fun for all!
    jmetteer and robertaccio like this.
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    BTW how the heck did we get separated ??? it ended up being Ty, Paul and I. then we see you again at the start area??? We had a good time doing as much of the small trails as possible. those last end of the day trials loops wore me fully out.
  7. Husq-a-daygo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    15' TE300, 16'FE450
    Hard to keep a conga line that deep. The other Robert thought he waited for the guy behind him but nay. Too many little cross trails in that area. We rode back to the oak tree but didn't see you guys so we went out a split up again. Some of us wanted to see the trail out to the desert floor but we turned back before the point of no return.
  8. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    no worries I do know the trail down, I just didn't want to make that long dez loop and up the tracks, 1 time was cool and an adventure. But no need to do it again for at least a while

keep in touch lets ride on Monday again!! I need more leg burns the 100s Nat H&H is a butt kicker from my memory
  9. Husq-a-daygo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    15' TE300, 16'FE450
    For sure. If you want to get in some race pace conditioning, my club Roadrunner MC are putting on a district race Saturday morning Oct. 10 at the end of Wheeler Road Superstition mountain. I know your feelings regarding open dez racing however this race will be a different format. 10 mile loop Euroscramble as many laps as you can complete in one hour. This will not be your typical D38 desert scramble and will more technical as it is in the sand on the front side and rocks on the backside of the mountain. Rattlesnake Chase!

Attached Files:

10. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    see post on the local SDAR site. also dont forget to post up here when your club does events.
  11. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    here is the entry data

Attached Files:

TemecuCoastie likes this.
  12. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    sounds pretty cool....
  13. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC250 and 2012 TC250
    This is a good short/fast/challenging race. How'd you do?
  14. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:

Hey this is a Tecate Enduro thread----and besides I am peer pressuring you TemecuCoastie to sign up and enter this latest version of the LAMC Tecate Enduro

It will be very user friendly for all entrants max mileage will be 60 miles of special tests , but heck it will more about epic and new single track, plus the in front of God and everyone "grass track" (that's the one that concerns me----)
  15. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Not trying to derail the train, was merely curious is all. So much pressure and so much racing that same weekend. To be honest, when I saw "Sprint Enduro" I did get a little excited.

Is it gonna be like this? Because this looks S-I-C-K....SICK!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJC1Q0EJL2I
  16. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
  17. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    think the neji valley "grass track course" I think it will be that sandy area around the valley, where we had the practice jetting track and into the actual wash
  18. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    holy crap Kailub at 3:58--- that is a work of woods riding art ! I came outta my seat!!!
  19. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I think Sprint Enduro format is perfect for Tecate.... You have sooo many totally different areas to have loops.... its going to be sweet
  20. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Ya, he's got game.