La. B to V

Discussion in 'Racing' started by rajobigguy, Oct 3, 2008.

1. rajobigguy Administrator

Is anyone here going to do Barstow to Vegas this year? I hadn't really considered it until my buddy brought it up and now I'm thinking that it might be fun, that is of course if we don't have a total global econonic meltdown before then.
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    You have the right bike for it. :thumbsup:
  3. rajobigguy Administrator

Yep, and Stroker Ace ( Elvis ) has been wanting me to commit to it. We were going to do the Mojave Trail this month but both of us are a little cash strapped right now so we might wait and do B to V.
  4. Riksha Husqvarna
    AA Class

Is it true that certain portions of the B2V ride you can only go like 25-30 mph? Does it still include that incredible rocky hill around the 2/3 point of the original race?
  5. rajobigguy Administrator

I don't know of any speed limits other than the posted limits during the times that you you are on the road. I suppose that there might be 25-30 mph limits if any of the road sections goes through a residential area.

So far as the rock strewn hill, I think that might be part of the hero route with alternatives for the less aggressive riders. Its' not the exact same route that they followed back in the late 60's/early 70's and its' not a race anymore, its' a ride. That's not to say that some of us wont do a little reliveing of the past:D but largely its' just a good dual sport event.
  6. TripleW Husqvarna
    AA Class

There are some technical sections. I thought the Red rock canyon section north of Vegas was the worst but I was well worn out by then.They do give you easier options. Be ready for some sand washes:thumbsup: I haven't started from Lancaster like they are this year.
    It is definitively an awesome ride. Make sure your roll chart holder is as big a you can find. I had to load mine in two separate pieces for each day. That is if you are doing the Lancaster to Barstow section on the first day. One other recommendation is an Odo that you can subtract tenths with. If you miss a turn and get back on course you have to do the math while riding to figure out your next move. After a while of that you start to follow the guy in front of you and that is not always good. Trust me.
    TW
  7. rajobigguy Administrator

So how about it Dean. Are you ready to gear up the 250 a couple of teeth and go for a ride? First beer at the hotel is on me.:cheers:
  8. Riksha Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sounds like a great way to go back into the past. I still have a vhs tape of the 88 race.

If I knew how a roll chart worked I'd like to try it one day
  9. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    So, how do you get back.....?

What's the date? Looks like Nov. 28 or so.
  10. rajobigguy Administrator

I'm giving it serious consideration and wondered if anyone else was thinking about going.
  11. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    My bike is not set up for that kind of riding at all. Not my cup of tea really, I'm more of a ride in the woods guy.
  12. Joliet Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have heard that some years the route goes through a section that is desert tortise habitat and they hold the speed to 25mph.
  13. neversurfaced Husqvarna
    AA Class

14. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes sir little brother, I'm going, and one other buddy on a 610 and a poor soul on a Yam. in the group so far. I rode the first one in 84, 85,86, and 87. This should be awesome on the 610

I still need a red feather duster S A.
  15. rajobigguy Administrator

So you're for sure now? I'm still trying to hammer out a few details but it looks promising.:thumbsup:

I have a red feather duster for you, I'll bring it along next time we meet up.
  16. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yup...... in for sure, and now that there is a RED FEATHER DUSTER (this is too bitchen) in the equation I'll be leaving even earlier !!! To "phsyc" up for this I'll start with "Viva Las Vegas" with Elvis and Ann, then Timerider and maybe "Vanishing Point" we'll see....

Stroker....