L.A.-Barstow to Vegas LAB2V 2013 30th Y E A R

Discussion in 'West - USA' started by Desertyucca, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    DR650, IT490 a few others.
  2. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Are there fuel stops or do you need your own support truck? I seem to remember that you need to have an 80+ mile range when I checked on it earlier this year. Don't think my bike (TE449) would make it unless I literally putt slow on flat ground and coast downhill. I know I can add a Nomad or get a Safari or IMS tank, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Not to mention I'm a cheap SOB and don't wanna dent my Maui budget too much for Jan.:busted:
  3. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:

A few MRS Bottles and you will be fine:thumbsup: 449 should have no problem's!

I believe the furthest stop last year was around 100 miles. Problem on day two was all the SAND! Deep Sand can drain your tanks faster. I would say a hand full of people did not reach the first gas stop on day 2.

D37 map's out all the routes, hard/easy, bailouts and more. Includes Gas Stations and food stops. Day two D37 provides the 2nd GAS stop since one area has no service stations out in Sandy Valley?? The D37 Group will take your bag from start to each location while on your way to vegas.

Only issue, is HOW to get your bike back from Vegas :eek: Plan for that indeed! Hotels book fast at each location as well. Allot of people work together to bring bikes back. Keep an eye on the D37 message board. My Wife ran chase last year (Can you say went shopping along the way :lol: ).

Last Years Thread-
    http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/29...-vegas-november-23-24-2012.28658/#post-260785
    benwiggin2 likes this.
  4. my_urban_chaos Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwak Z1000
    Put the IMS tank on the 310 and all is looking good. The wife is running a TE250 along side me. Last year a KTM 350 was towed into the Ludlow fuel stop along the I40 east of Barstow because of running out of fuel. Carry a tow strap!! Last year's route was sandy to say the least. Hearing rumors that this years will be easier, but no confirmation. Plan for the worst, and get a hotel room in Barstow PRONTO!!!
    Desertyucca likes this.
  5. Ron West Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda NX250, & 2000 Africa Twin
    Did you put an after market tank on the Te250 too? I did a ride a couple of week ends ago and switched to reserve just before 100 miles.
  6. my_urban_chaos Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwak Z1000
    No big tank on the TE250. We did a test run and got over 85 miles per tank. Plus no reserve on the fuel injection.
  7. Ron West Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda NX250, & 2000 Africa Twin
    Thanks, I have an '07 and hit my reserve at just under 100 miles, however, I was riding the street for about 40 miles to get to the dirt.
  8. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    How many Husky Fans going this year?
  9. my_urban_chaos Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwak Z1000
    Did a test ride with the Desert Coyotes around Edwards AFB, 132 miles of dirt fun. Good prerun for the La-B-LV. The wife and I, both on Huskys, completed the run. Now we are gearing up for Vegas. Entrance for both days and Barstow hotel are a go. Time to ride
    Desertyucca likes this.
  10. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Excellent test run? I am booked for Both Days :thumbsup: I suppose I better start working on my bike and preparing for this as well. I look for you @ Signups.

Ken
  11. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    FYI... Anyone Riding the hard route, Bring Extra Socks! Two River crossings will submerge your boots and most of the bike. (Unless you can ride standing on your Seat!) Anyone with modified airboxs make sure you put the stock parts back on. River's could be flowing in the deserts :thumbsup:
  12. my_urban_chaos Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwak Z1000
    Saw a convoy of Army Strikers running towards Barstow from Baker last Sunday after having a go at the desert. Those guys were caked with dirt. the only clean part of the vehicles or personnel were the smiles. Looked like they had fun. I think our Vegas run will be alot of the same!!
    Desertyucca likes this.
  13. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Rain provided excellent riding conditions. I have posted some photos over in the reports post :D