KTM/Husqvarna... now how will this play out?

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Farmer John, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    isn
    Maybe Husky will be the linkage bike (KTM XC/SX) and Husaberg will stay PDS bike (KTM EXC/XC-W). My PDS Husaberg TE250 isn't so bad.
    Kevin_TE250 likes this.
  2. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
    ..I get what Fletch is coming from...it's would be like coming home to your lovely wife of 20 years and find her screwing your friend..ad insult to injury,she divorces you taking everything you have and them marries the dude that used to be your friend...not all of you will get this(too much of a manly man to be hurt or maybe you didn't get along with your ex anyway,etc...just saying... ain't pointing fingers).As time goes by ,you see her/him hanging out with your old friends ...sorry.it's the only scenario I could think of. I "had" a few KTM riding buddies that I just got fed up with all their b/s and crapping all over Husky.When I go out to ride ,I want to enjoy it..so the only persons that make it worth it are my 2 sons (praise the lord,I just got my youngest son to experience the thrill!)..and we are ALL on Huskys :D
    fletchman45 likes this.
  3. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Maybe not the end of the world, but....I used to always be a Kawasaki Kaw girl for many years. I still have a bunch of them. If Kawasaki still made the kind of bikes that I want to ride (like a serious 450 street legal trail bike, and a great updated mid sized two stroke enduro bike) I'd have purchased those instead of Husqvarnas. I really like the distinct handling, personalities and quirks of the Husqvarnas, and perhaps I won't be able to buy anymore bikes....but if I do, I'd like to stick to the Husqvarna heritage as I have known it.
    4eyes, Ruffus and Olive xm like this.
  4. Cdn_rider Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 txc250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 Yz250
    Rivercity cycles rules i wish i had a dealer like that down here in Vancouver... I was just told its going to be a long time before i see parts. Time to make a trip to the loops
  5. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thank you. And for everyone I am not trying to upset ANYONE. Yes I like KTM bashing. But remember some of it is in jest. Not a bad comparison to how I feel. If you had a guy that you never liked (believe me KTM and true Husky guys are Arch rivals) Do not confuse the fact that yes we are all brothers and love the sport of motorcycling If you guys do not think the workers at Husqvarna talk crap about KTM and the workers at KTM talk crap about Husky. Get real! Now back to the guy you never liked anyway. Now imagine he is in charge of you. Now imagine he is going to dictate what you do and may even laugh at your designs and ideas. Now imagine your so broke and your wife has to remind you that he owns you. WOW. Yes and extreme comparison and I can only hope that all this goes in the right direction. Now take it a step farther and imagine your on a Husky and racing for the World enduro Championship.(sounds fun) Well it is the last round and even if you get first you will not win the series anyways but the guy on the KTM (dare I say team mate?!?!?) if he wins then he and KTM get the trophy. Now imagine you have just got word to pull over for 10 minutes because you can not win that day for the sake of your KTM team mate. Sound extreme. Yes. Could it happen or something similar?The fact is both KTM and Husqvarna have been arch rivals for years and years. Remember there has to be different kinds of people all over the world for different things. Right? We need cooks in the Army well because soldiers have to eat right? We also need high speed Army Airborne Rangers because at times you have to kick the door down and go in without hesitation and do your job. Yes I may be a bit extreme. For that I apologize. But remember there has to be guys like myself that also stand up for what they believe and don't look back. A few comments from one individual got me a little upset, but hey, no matter what we do or say in life we must realize we can not make everyone happy. I will proudly ride any Husky built up until the end of this year. We are all prematurely jumping the gun a bit as all of us have very little knowledge in what is going on with what I call a take over. I and everyone can only hope for the best. I hope they do not share components and let Husky go with their own engines and back to Zoke forks and and Ohlins . As far as PDS I would think KTM would not dare put that on a Husky. My god I know guys that have sent their suspension out 3 times trying to dial it in! I was stationed in in Italy for 2 years (a long time ago) in the 4th and 325 Airborne Combat Team and from what I have seen with Italians I do not think they will take to kindly to someone trying to dictate what they do. I wouldn't think the Husky guys would burn down their own factory find new investors buy the land across the street and start a new company called HusqvarnA yes capital A. But hey a guy can only hope. Nah forget the Rest In Peace they will figure something out. But if it is a KTM or has WP suspension or plastic that interchanges you can count me out. And I am sure A LOT of other folks will feel the same way.
  6. Rough Rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I suggest you start looking at Gas Gas, TM or Beta because I think the new Huskys will be re-branded KTM/Husabergs.
  7. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    OK, it gas gotten to the point I needed to delete a post...

Please try to discuss things calmly, and not make comments that could be considered personal.
    bigjon and water racer like this.
  8. Bart Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TC450, 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TM Racing EN300 and EN450
    Already made the TM switch (some months ago), but still very interested in how this deal will play out.
    Always liked Husaberg until they became tricked KTM's.
    In my opinion it still could be a good thing, although didn't think it was necessarily for BMW (they did great things to) to sell, they just needed to get back to the roots.

Every time BMW posted a new Husky prototype I felt kinda sad, although they were nice bikes they lacked the thing that makes a Husqvarna, (ow and I very much like the Nuda!).

Husaberg with Husqvarna could work for me, but PDS has to go, not very keen on WP suspension either (although the Husaberg WP stuff is good).
    I like the CR125 frame for ergonomics, and the look but it needs to be put on a diet (loose at least 3kg).

We better stop dreaming of all the components we want on it, leave that for the end customer (or buy TM you can customize before purchase).
    Better improve on the existing bikes, hydro clutch, lighter engine and frame will make a decent base.
    KYB, Marzocchi, Sachs is fine by me, Öhlins is nice but would make it more expensive and that we don't want.
  9. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Been working on building a new house and was on a 65 hour a week job for 6 weeks, so kind of got busy. Yea. The news is sad to me. And of course got to have some fun with it. Lets see where it plays out. Not sure if I read it or dreamed it. But has the new factory in Italy been sold? And no more Husky's to be built in Italy? My whole point. No problem with what brand of a bike anyone chooses to ride. And of course I ride with guys who ride orange and we give each other crap in a fun way. And yes we drink beers together. I consider them brainwashed and they consider me brainwashed it is all good. Just a sad day to see something so extreme happen. And again unfortunately this all goes back to not having a plan. If there is EVER a ktm re branded engine put in a Husqvarna it would be a disgrace and any true Husqvarna guy would NEVER ride it just as any true KTM guy would never ride a Ktm that was made by Husky with a Husky engine and KTM decals. Please let us hope none of this happens and it may not!!! Yes for this year I will ride a Gas Gas but I sure loved and had much respect for my lightweight CR 150 I also hope that parts do not become and issue, but then again this is all speculation.
  10. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Shut it down Coffee. It's gotten beyond ridiculous.
    fletchman45 likes this.
  11. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Sounds great.
    fletchman45 likes this.
  12. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

is 61 pages the record to beat? ( and not stuff just to get 61 pages mind you)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.