1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC KTM and Husqvarna all Austria

Discussion in '2st' started by HS507, Jan 12, 2017.

1. HS507 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yz450,crf150r,crf100f,crf50f
    I dont find articles that explain if all parts are from Austria or other countries. Any of you smart guys know?
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    check the specs, DID wheels, Kokusan Ignitions, NGK spark plugs, Tires, Magura and other handlebars , Brembo brakes, Magura Clutches, Brembo clutches, Polisport plastic and Im sure you can dig up more sourced parts that are not from Austria. I just listed Japanese, Italian, German, Portuguese for some of the sourced final assembly parts, Im sure there are others from eastern Europe as well and even the US (reed assemblies). But of course most of the core parts are KTM/Husky/WP Mattighofen built and assembled, Frame and suspension WP Austria.
    oldbikedude, juicypips and ohmygewd like this.
  3. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    I thought Racetech Plastics were the OE for KTM/Husqvarna? Anyway, their Italian :).

Aren't the OE brake disc Braking or Galfer?
  4. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    The frame and engine block maybe?
  5. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Soon to be Goldentyre
  6. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    I'm now confused, "Polysports", "Racetech", I thought "Acerbis" made the plastics.

I have some plastics for my '15 FE 501 still packaged. Both factory KTM/Husqvarna/Husaberg Plastics, as well as Acerbis plastics and the bags on these plastics is exactly the same.

The only thing that is noticeably different between the 2 is the printing on the cardboard stapled flaps label. The appearance of these plastics, markings left from the molds on the rear side of the shrouds, the Airbox side panel studs and holding them in my hands is nearly the same ?
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    they have changed suppliers as usual especially in the plastics dept. KTM was exclusively Acerbis for many years, now they are what is most likely the best value for production with many suppliers to choose from. Polisport was one OEM supplier and I even saw another marque on some of my Italian Husky plastic from eastern Europe. So its always changing as they find better value suppliers, this is normal biz operation . The engine castings? for the Austrian bikes are very likely to be WP along with the frames which are 100% WP (division).
    For the Italian bikes Gilardoni forgings and castings were a big supplier for engine parts with Verlicchi contracting to build frames.

Anyway this is Austrian thread. And the point is that the OEM outsources suppliers to suit the needs of production, like any major industrial manufacturer. And every MY you can find different or new suppliers throughout the product. Peirer Ind. is in business to make money, their people will always seek out ways to keep production costs down to keep margins in the black, like any company.
    87husky500xc likes this.
  8. HS507 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yz450,crf150r,crf100f,crf50f
    Haha
  9. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175