King of The Moto

Discussion in 'Racing' started by ajaxauto, Feb 5, 2018.

1. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Well 2018 is in the books and Jimmy Lewis finally got what he wanted only 1 yes 1 official finisher

Cody Webb was the only rider to go the complete distance
    Yes other riders were showing as finisher but Cody is the only rider to go all the way

I will never complain that it is to hard it is not hard it is just hard all day. With more riders showing up each year some of the wait in line canyon take more time. So the clock is ticking as you wait and I hour out on both the night race and the day race. Not happy about it as I really like to ride this event and really do not have any problems doing so. I just cant ride it fast enough to make all the check points in time.
    I did have fun all my lights and GPS worked for the night race. As for the day race my GPS worked to keep me on trail
    Working on a few Videos I took will post soon
    Now we wait till next year
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
  3. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    gnar gnar!
  4. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Hey John, We were gonna sneak over to watch the night race, but I was the only one with a headlight. I hear your new official KOM nickname is "Tow Truck".:thumbsup:
  5. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have heard that need a link to watch that coverage
  6. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Hat's off to John. But looks no fun as far as race day bottleneck messes go for my taste, however I would like John to take me into some of those canyons on a trail ride. John?
  8. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I am going back maybe next weekend to re ride the course Robert if you do come it will be addicting of which there is no cure The challenge is unreal every year Jimmy steps it up I want to do a race that I have to work hard to even try and finish. This race is about me verses the trail I could care less about who is in front or behind me The feeling you get after you have accomplished what you thought I cant do that is the additive part. Each time you go you learn something new from navigation to bike prep the riding skill. I do not want to go fast or fly hi and other forms of racing to do well you have to do that In extream racing it is about what do I have in the tank how far can I go
    This year was my worse year as I timed out early in both the night and the day race But I learned a few things and after 40 plus years of riding in that area I went up and down a trail I never knew was rideable So at least I came away with that.
    Will keep you posted
    Trenchcoat85 and Huskynoobee like this.