King of the Moto hard hill on loop 3

Discussion in 'Racing' started by ajaxauto, Feb 8, 2017.

1. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Johnrg, Dirtdame, gots_a_sol and 2 others like this.
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    I acknowledge this.....wow , not for me John....the whole drag the bike up or down doesn't work for me. Tough is great, unrideable by me is too wacky. Notice I said by me, because the pros rode right up that thing Im sure.
  3. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Robert 90 plus present maybe even more then 90 present was ride able really KOM is not that hard it is just hard all day I did the night race on Saturday and only need help once for about 20 feet did the sunday morning race and again only once for about 20 feet Did sunday afternoon the super enduro and really this hill video was the only hill that this 60 year old man needed help on
    You really need to do it at least once my TE 300 worked perfect in fact I did the race on the same clutch as last year I am going back during the year to trail ride it come join me some time

The single track we got to ride after the hill climb was worth all the hard work to get there not many people will ever get up there
  4. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    the part that doesn't look fun to me is the start all at once then sit in line.... they should start one every 15 seconds or something.... I freak out waiting in line....
    robertaccio and 87husky500xc like this.
  5. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 tx300i and a few vintage bikes
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    I hear that. Last year at the Virginia city Grand Prix I got stuck waiting in line at the bottom of a really crappy climb and everyone up top was bottlenecked. Talk about coming uncorked...needless to say I couldn't take after about 2-3 minutes i just started plowing through the crowd while everyone else rendered themselves bystanders until it cleared. No effin way with the adrenaline pumping I'm sitting around
    LandofMotards and robertaccio like this.
  6. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

KOM is really a completely different event. Just about every thing about it is different. You have to want it to finish. You have to spend time setting up your bike and working on this type of riding Every year I get better. Change your idea of what a normal race is and embrace the KOM challance I have posted so many times it really is not that hard It is just hard all day Nothing is really unrideable If you bring your MX or Baja bike geared for 100 mph then yes maybe un ride able All year long I enter races that for the most part I know that I should finish But once a year I enter KOM and work hard to finish I am only racing myself and the chasing the idea of a finish. So that is why I do KOM Also seems more people every year are also chasing that idea
  7. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 tx300i and a few vintage bikes
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    I'd give it a shot. I've spent so much time dragging and pushing my bike through stuff that I now can ride through. I just keep going through the same stuff until I make through on two wheels. I doubt I'd finish the event but it'd be fun just to try. Where does the event take place?
    robertaccio and FatDaddyMX like this.
  8. FatDaddyMX Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TXC510 09 TC450
    Other Motorcycles:
    04 KTM 200sx 78 RM125 Fox Re
    KOM is really a completely different event. Just about every thing about it is different. You have to want it to finish. You have to spend time setting up your bike and working on this type of riding Every year I get better. Change your idea of what a normal race is and embrace the KOM challance I have posted so many times it really is not that hard It is just hard all day Nothing is really unrideable If you bring your MX or Baja bike geared for 100 mph then yes maybe un ride able All year long I enter races that for the most part I know that I should finish But once a year I enter KOM and work hard to finish I am only racing myself and the chasing the idea of a finish. So that is why I do KOM Also seems more people every year are also chasing that idea

Ajax has the right idea. Get out of your comfort zone and try something differant. :eek:
    I am a lifelong MX'er. One of those Saddleback, Irwindale, Perris, Corona, Ascot guys from the seventies.
    Now that I am older, I am looking for the next bike high. I admit it- I am a bike junkie.
    Been trying Baja and BITD races. Its a whole new animal.

Ajax- I might get a 125 and try this with you.
    At the very least, we can have some great BS'ing after the race.

Fat Daddy
  9. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have done it 3 times on a worked over Husky 165 Let me tell you DO NOT TRY IT ON A 125 The 125 is too small I have my 165 geared 12/52 and it still was hard The last 2 years I rode a bone stock 2016 Husky TE 300 and it was so much easier and having the extra power and the button made all the difference
    I see you are in Blythe so come ride the course and see if it is for you I will help you with bike set up once you pick what bike you are going to ride
    robertaccio likes this.
  10. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    damn I just watched coltons start viddy when he comes up on taylor and all the guys stop....I will stick to the single track slooooower stuff ....scary

also noah was on the game with the "big" GG300
  11. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Robert This race had 3 different motos 1 a night race 2 a desert race with some speed 3 a super enduro you can do it. The desert part was like a National and you do that so see you next year on the line
    robertaccio likes this.
  12. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    To me the trail don't look overly hard just a bunch of waiting at start....
  13. Steve Kanya Husqvarna
    AA Class

I thought I was a tuff guy trophying the original Blackwater 100 back in the day but that uphill at 63 yrs old might kill me. LOL.
    robertaccio likes this.
  14. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Come on we can team up I will be 61 next year so 63 is coming soon
    robertaccio and Steve Kanya like this.