1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Kickstarter assembly doesn't allow snap ring.

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Mucci, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Mucci Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '01 TE570, '13 TE310R, '19 701 Svart
    Other Motorcycles:
    HM 1100 Evo SP, Zero FX, R65, R80
    Bought a new side case for my 2001 TE570 and I'm trying to assemble the Kickstarter mechanism. The shaft doesn't stick out enough to put the snap ring on. It's completely bottomed out inside the case and the kickstart lever is bottomed out against the outside of the case. The snap ring groove still isn't protruding enough. What's going on here? The sleeve bearing is flush on both sides.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
  2. AndrewS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350s 2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TE250 (sold)
    Have you compared it to the original casing?
  3. old3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Be sure all the inners are lined up, WP drive and every gear. Are the gasket surfaces easily touching each other?
  4. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Are you sure the return spring isn't between the shaft and case ? When the shaft is in the correct spot the spring loves to get between and not allow things to go together.
    old3 likes this.
  5. Mucci Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:

I didn't even have the spring installed in the above photos. It's literally just the KS shaft > case > KS lever and it still isn't showing enough.
    The PO didn't have the snap ring on there either and it ate away at the inner wall of the case. Without the snap ring there's nothing except the internal gearing that's preventing the shaft from being pushed in...and I assume those gears don't like that.

Starting to wonder if this is the right KS lever or shaft.

Cases look identical but i'll get a pair of calipers on it. The sleeve from the old case is in the new case now and it's just as flush as before so they should be the same.
  6. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You have an old shaft in a new case. The new shafts are a little longer, other than that they are identical.
  7. Mucci Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:

Ahh, thanks for the feedback. Glad I'm not going crazy. Do you happen to know the year when the new longer shaft was implemented?
  8. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

1992 from what I see.
  9. Mucci Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:

I read somewhere else that the shafts are swapable as long as you have the matching kickstart lever. Is that correct? Is there any reason a pre-92 4-stroke lever wouldn't work on a 2001 TE570? Do they interact with the stop bushing and clear the exhaust in the same fashion?

The shafts are like $200...