1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Kick starter shaft (TE310)

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by bfalcao, Oct 9, 2017.

1. bfalcao Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Hi all,

This time it happened to me - a broken kick starter shaft on my 2011 TE310.

Unfortunately the new replacement part (ref. 8540193), a kit comprising a thicker version of the shaft and the corresponding starter lever hub, seems to be unavailable everywhere including at the HQV factory.

I found elsewhere a reference to the shaft ref. 8539464, but this part is listed for the 2014 model. Since there is a dealer that can get it within a few days, I might give a shot but don't want to spend almost 90EUR to find out that doesn't fit.

Does anyone know if this 2014 model shaft (ref. 8539464) will work on the 2011 TE310? Is it a full kit or just the shaft?

Many thanks in advance.

PS - I belive the original shaft that broke off has the ref. 8000H5023. A diagram depicting the shaft dimensions is attached, perhaps it may help...

Attached Files:

2. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Should work just fine.

Where are you located?
  3. bfalcao Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    I managed to find a replacement one, the 8540193 kit. Was extremely luck to get it, hundreds of emails and calls later to all european dealers.

Anyway, thanks for your help. I'm currently located in Portugal
  4. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The later bikes had a shaft with a smaller cap screw which removed less material from the shaft thus leaving it stronger.

The early ones had a 10mm bolt holding on the lever, the later ones a smaller 3mm allen head.

Just don't kick it like a gorilla and it won't break. mine are still intact after 7 years and I kick start all the time.