1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Kick start conversion

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Murph987, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Murph987 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511
    Gday champions,

I want to know if it is possible to add a kickstarter to my te511 2011 model. I know the 2009 model had both elec and kickstart.
    I seem to be struggling to roll start my bike in the event of a flat battery, i have heard this is because the efi takes to many revolutions of the engine to prime itself. I have even tried roll starting it with ignition on, then tapping the starter switch as i drop the clutch.
    Does such a conversion exist?
  2. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

No conversion that I know of. I had the same poor cranking issue with my 449 and the stock battery. I bought a new shorai lithium battery after the suggestion of several people and it has cranked well ever since 3 years ago.
  3. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    the 449/511 never had a kickstarter. 510's did- completely different motor.

On later keyless te511s, you have to flash the start button to activate the ECU when bump starting. I don't think that's true on your first-year model.

just a guess- you may have a bad check ball (anti-drain back) in your fuel pump, or a crack in the submersible fuel line or filter.
  4. Murph987 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511
    Thanks for the advice. I think the first thing to do is fork out some money for a high end battery.

My te is definitely keyed and i was flashing the starter when trying to bunp start but it may be worth checkin out the fuel pump. Thanks again.