Keyesville/Sequoia NP Mar. 27-29. Also looking for CA ride spots near I-5 corridor

Discussion in 'West - USA' started by PC., Feb 12, 2015.

1. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I'll be riding this area in late March with one other guy whose never been there. Is anyone familiar with this area and has any trail recommendations? We're both good riders, have plated bikes and an 80 mile range. If anyone local wants to join us then feel free to invite yourself along.

Also, I'll be driving back to OR starting April 3rd and looking for good ride spots not too far off the 5 fwy. I'm driving from Orange County to Portland and am open to any suggestions within those 1000 miles. I just dont want to stray too far from the freeway. I'll also be solo (unless someone wants to meet up!?!?), so I'm not looking for anything too crazy.

thanks in advanced for any input!
  2. Farmer John Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    92 WR250, 01 KTM 400MXC
  3. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Hungry Valley SVRA, you can see it from the I-5 in Gorman at the top of the Grapevine. 19,000 acres of nice trails with everything from fire roads to fairly challenging single track, some of them one way so you don't need to worry about head-ons in blind corners. Excellent signage and campsites with shade shelters and privy style toilets. My local place! $5/day or $10 to camp. Worth every penny and the upkeep shows it.

http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1192
  4. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I've ridden Gorman/LPNF plenty of times when I used to live down there. And I'll probably stop there on my way north just to see if its how I remember.
    thanks!

And thanks for that South Bay Riders link....that's cool!
    I think I need to check out Clear Creek