Just Moved to Fort Collins, CO Looking for Riders

Discussion in 'West - USA' started by Michael Botkin, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Michael Botkin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SOLD
    Just moved to Fort Collins, CO and would love to get together with some family friendly Husky riders to show me around the area. Also probably need to have the bike tuned for the altitude if anyone can help out or knows a good mechanic as I'm riding a 2010 WR144.

Thanks!

Michael
  2. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    you should go to the next race, corcs.net. There's a few of us, mostly very much C riders. Big D Motorsports owners are always there to help with whatever they can too. Where did you move from?
  3. Michael Botkin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SOLD
    Thanks for the link, will have to check that out, looks like a ton of fun. Probably too advanced for me, this is my first dirt bike I've been on in 20 years but hell, who knows. We spent a year in Canada and before that we were in North Carolina for 12 years.
  4. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    It's really easy going. I was last place of the people that finished but still had the time of my life lol. I don't know much for trails where you are but their should be a ton. In CO you need a spark arrester and you need an offroad sticker. It's 25 if I remember right. Just right down your VIN before you go to any dealer and you'll be good to go. You can also make it street legal here too. May not sound ideal with a 144 but may be worthwhile just to connect to new trails.
  5. Michael Botkin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SOLD
    Awesome, thanks for the info. I installed the LeoVince X3 right before we left Canada, so should be good to go for registration. Probably won't go the street legal route as I have a utility trailer, but who knows. Let me know if your ever up this way.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  6. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Michael,

I lived in FC from about 1999-2006. It is a fun place! I used to be mostly a track rat back then and would ride Berthoud mx several times a week. It is south of FC on I-25 about 20 miles or so. When we didn't ride there it was up Poudre canyon or east to the pawnee grasslands. Take Mulberry/ hwy 14 east and you will get there.

If you haven't yet, hit up Odells brewery as well as Fort Collins brewery. Good brews there. New Belgium isn't too shabby either.
  7. dratharr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310
    I am only 140mi. or so from Fort Collins, Western Nebraska. I am always looking for someone to ride with, just let me know if you have a weekend available I would be up for coming up that way for a day of riding. I already have the sticker!
    Coffee likes this.
  8. longdrive Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    06 RM 250 (295)
    If I lived their the only place I would ride to is Odell brewing company!
  9. Michael Botkin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SOLD
    Anyone have a Husky mechanic in the Northern Colorado area?
  10. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Grand Prix motorsports was the only italian husky dealer up north. There are several now though. Whats wrong with the bike?
  11. Michael Botkin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SOLD
    Thanks for the reply. The bike has been sitting for over a year so honestly I just want to get it cleaned up and have the carb jetted correctly for this altitude as we brought it from the east coast.
  12. BarberPole Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    XT225
    Hi Michael,

I'll be out June 16th & 17th to probably ride Old Flowers Rd just West of FC with my brother before we head up to MT for a week.

We'll actually be on a couple Yamaha XT225s........I'm leaving the TE610 in Boone , NC
    Let me know if you want to join us.

Just an old man and his Husky.
    Merle