just installed kawi injector

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by josh310, Nov 14, 2011.

1. josh310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te310
    Hi I bought a 2011 te310 a couple of months ago and never be really satisfied with the power. I love the handling and ride compared to my 09 txc250 but as far as power goes it didn't really have more power than my old bike. I have been reading your posts on the kawi injector upgrade and i decided i was going to try it. I ordered a part number i got from one of the posts on here and i think the kawi number was a 49033-0010. When i got it i was a little disappointed to see that it was only a 10 hole injector. I installed it and it ran like crap so i had the dealer fine tune it but the service guy was in a hurry to get out of there so i never did get it perfect. On my first ride i could tell the bike was super responsive and it revved a lot quicker than before but didn't seem like it had much top end. Today I hooked up the o2 sensor and the bike runs amazing with the new injector and the o2 sensor hooked up but it flames out real easy and i get a bad pop on deceleration. I ordered a power commander today and i was wondering if anyone has tried to make adjustments to the bike with the o2 sensor installed? Or will i be able to tune it perfectly with the power commander or am i better off running there tunes and putting the old injector back in?
  2. DougW Husqvarna
    AA Class

I' suspect that with the o2 sensor connected the the mapping went back to a stock lean mixture and that is why it is "snappier" but flames out. I'm not sure I'd leave it lean for to long.

Sorry can't help about the p.c.
  3. josh310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te310
    ya I will run it untill i get my power commander at the end of this week but with the new kawi injecter in there it runs a lot better than with the stock 4 hole.
  4. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    If you get the Auto Tune to go with the PC then it will adjust itself, like you're trying to get it to do with the O2 sensor.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    why not try the $209 JD fueler instead? Would be manual but might get you what you need. Lots of EZ adjustments on that one.
  6. josh310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te310
    ya i talked with jd and they didn't know if it would have enough adjustment with the new injecter.
  7. husky72082 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 (TXC 12 upgrade)
    There are two part numbers flying around the forums for the 12 port injector. Here's the scoop from what I've found online.

06 Kawi injector part number 49033-0010 (10 port) (pumps more fuel than 12)(confirmed this is 10 port by forum user and ebay seller)
    08 Kawi injector part number 49033-0011 (12 port) (they spray a bigger pattern but the injectors are not supposed to be as big)

"The 06-07 fuel pump, pumps more fuel than the 08 according to the manual and atoms performance. The 06-07 injectors are supposed to be 440cc with 10 spray holes. the 08-09 injectors are supposed to be 350cc with 12 spray holes they spray a bigger pattern but the injectors are not supposed to be as big. I was also told the newer ones were bigger injectors but according to Jim at CNC and RG the older ones are bigger. And the older pump pumps more fuel and that is according to the manual."
    http://www.bikeland.org/board/viewthread.php?FID=27&TID=42982&pagenumber=2
  8. josh310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te310
    thanks for the info. Do you think the 10 hole is to big? It runs a lot better but i havn't fine tuned it yet. When i ordered it it shows up as a injecter for a 450 four wheeler if i would have known i probably would have ordered the 12 hole instead. I wonder how much the stock 4 hole sprays?
  9. josh310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te310
    i was also wondering if these throttle bodies on these bikes have mass air flow sensors. One of my friends rides a new kx450 and it has no spot for a o2 sensor but it has a maf in front of there throttle bodies and that bike runs really crisp and clean at all rpms. I am really disappointed in the fuel injection set up on these bikes from the factory.
  10. husky72082 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 (TXC 12 upgrade)
    I ordered the 12 port and I have the JD Jetting computer. My buddy has access to a dyno, so we are gonna hook it up and see if it can be properly tuned. About the 10 port being too big, maybe, I was thinking the same thing when I read that information. Seems like the 12 port is for 350cc, verses 450cc for the 10. I don't know anything about the mass air flow sensors. This is all new to me.
  11. josh310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te310
    well i got the power commander installed last night and was amazed and overwhelmed with the adjustments that can be made. I decided that i needed a auto tune because with out a dyno i was pretty much screwed because i didn't know with way to go. I tracked down a guy that sells powercommanders and he had a auto tune that he would sell me and i bought it and installed it I was amazed to see the auto tune leaned it out in spots as much as 30% and that was even after the dealer leaned it out. The bike runs great with the 10 hole injector it doesn't seem to be to big i accepted the trim map and now i just get little adjustments that it is trying to make but it will probably never think it is totaly perfect.
  12. JasonfromMN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None right now :(
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    I have the 10 hole as well. My bike is stock (powered up 11 TE 250) and has always ran very good, no bog but a bit flat on the bottom. The first time I installed the injector it made crazy power in the mid and top but also made a huge bog in the bottom. I couldnt tune it out with ibeat. I just got the JD fuel tuner from motorsportz and installed the injector again. This time I got back the excellent power in the mid and top and WAS able to tune the bog out of the bottom in minutes. It's still a bit flat like before the injector and JD tuner but that's ok. If I can get the big gain while the bottom at least as good as before then it's all worthwhile and usable.

It's snowed a few inches here and gotten cold so the tractions gotten pretty bad and it's still deer hunting season so I don't know if I'll get any more tuning time in this year. I can say I'm now pretty sastified and have barley begun any extensive tuning with them. I'm really hopping to ditch my 12 tooth front sprocket for the 13 to get rid of all the short shifting.
  13. josh310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te310
    well i got it out on the trail today. I didn't have my laptop with me but when i got home i hooked it up and read the trim table and it was still trying to lean it out on the botton. The bike runs clean but still doesn't have the low end that i want. It pulls better than i thought it could on the top end and the auto tune isn't trying to make any adjustments so it must be really close to the target fuel ration witch is set and 13.2 to 1. I was thinkin about trying to richen it up a bit on the bottom to try to get a little more power but maybe these bikes just are not meant to be lugged around.
  14. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    It's a small displacement bike, not a 450. You can lug it a bit, but not like the big bikes. There's plenty of power above 5 or 6k, IMO.