1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Just brought home an 05 tc250

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Richtxc, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Richtxc Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Txc 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KDX 200, KTM 250sx
    Got her home lastnight from a fellow that told me she needed crank bearings... a local mechanic told him that, for what its worth...

I havent had a chance to tinker with it, but heres what its doing-

The electric starter turns the motor over a revolution or two, somtimes a partial revolution, then its like the crank locks up.. put a wrench on the crank, turn it back by hand and itll turn over and keep locking up... there is no play that i can feel on either side of the crankshaft, stator or clutch side..

ive got a few things im gonna try, pull the plug and valve cover etc, pull the starter and see if the crank will turn freely.. i gave 500 bucks for her and over all good cond w a Doma full exhaust, excel wheels etc i could prob recoup my investment worse case...

if anyone has any idea or knows of any issues with these bike let me know please. TIA
  2. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Just take your time and pull it apart. Take lots of pics and put parts in small open containers, best to clean parts as you take them off this way you have more time with them and will remember easier where they came from. Keep parts together in assemblies.

Power wash it first before taking it out of the frame and again before you start working on it. Put hardware and parts back on frame.
    Later George
  3. Richtxc Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Txc 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KDX 200, KTM 250sx
    always prep and take your time, great advice
  4. Richtxc Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Txc 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KDX 200, KTM 250sx
    unfortunately she already has been partially disassembled

Attached Files:

5. Richtxc Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Txc 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KDX 200, KTM 250sx
    everything ive read has said how stout the bottom end is in these engines which, along with no play on either end of the crank shaft, makes me think yhe bearings are okay...

ill prob start with removing the starter amd checking its operation and maybe put an impact or wrench on the crank to see hlw it spins... hopefully its just a gear that the starter drives, maybe missing a tooth or tweakes
  6. Richtxc Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Txc 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KDX 200, KTM 250sx
    well the connecting rod is broken and the bearings are shot.. bout to dig around for parts on the net.. hopefully its not a crazy amt of money and we can save this bike

Attached Files:

7. NH-JP 2nd Fastest Old, Slow Guy!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    1988 Honda Hurricane,
    See, he told you the bearings were shot! Hehehe! Doh

Hope she can be salvaged. Seems like you are motivated enough for it!
  8. Richtxc Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Txc 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KDX 200, KTM 250sx
    cyl is f-d but the head looks good... crank has a good ding in it, not sure if its able to be saved.. ill try to put up a pic, maybe you guys can lmk

Attached Files:

9. Richtxc Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Txc 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KDX 200, KTM 250sx
    those corners/edges are a bit chewed up... you guys think thats enough to throw off the balance etc?

i know i may find more damage once i get the crank out, too...
  10. Richtxc Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Txc 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KDX 200, KTM 250sx
    found a used cyl on egay for 100 bucks or new w gaskets for 300ish

Attached Files:

11. Richtxc Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Txc 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KDX 200, KTM 250sx
    cases... theyve broke just under the crank... does anyone know if i can run the bike with these cases of should i search for replacements?
    Thanks

Attached Files:

12. Richtxc Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Txc 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KDX 200, KTM 250sx
    other side

Attached Files:

13. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
  14. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I would check case prices on ebay.
  15. Richtxc Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Txc 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KDX 200, KTM 250sx
    ive been told that they will be okay... i def would like some nore thoughts...

used cases are around 2-300 bucks... i found a new crank on ebay for 400 bucks but its coming from Poland...

this bike is startin to turn into a little money pit...
  16. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    You're worried about the damage in the red circle? ...I wouldn't sweat it too much- it looks like a cast piece for windage (keeping the crank out of the oil, or in to the oil). I might smooth the edges.

the stuff I circled in the yellow is a bigger concern IMNSHO. If that is a crack in the lower part of the picture, I'd be worried. the gouges on the mating surfaces are bad. Clean them up and maybe fill with silicon or epoxy. I'd be leaning towards new cases at the very least.

case damage.jpg
  17. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Probably my worst experience was with a 2006 tc 250 that I bought new...i suck at four strokes but this bike from when new and even with halls jetting specs...was a real pain in the A-Rod < funny spell check...to start....when cold it would light first kick...every time I rode it I had a bruised foot....basically when it stalled find a tree let all buddies pass wait ten minutes then it would start...performance was not bad when running...i would be Leary of buying any used high performance four stroke and ideally it should have e start and fuel injection...i hope you can get it fixed...
  18. Richtxc Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Txc 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KDX 200, KTM 250sx
    i picked up some carb cleaner to rinse out the cases, ill get them cleaned up and def check out the spots... looking at the mating surfaces i dont see any cracks in cases but yes, there are a couple gouges...

this bike is estart only... my 310 after bumping yhe lever to get tdc, fires up first kick and is so darn crisp... i dont think ill ever get rid of it, its a great trails bike that likes to be ridden, the harder you ride the 310, the better she is.

thank you guys for the input, it is greatly appreciated!
  19. toomanykaws Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 cr125. 05 TC250. 18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    690 Enduro 990 adv, 17 kaws
    I ended up with an 05 TC250 when I bought an 08 CR125. Super clean bike. Bike was disassembled but engine was not. Big end rod bearing was toast. Engine was clean otherwise and low hours. No broken case or parts. I couldn't find an 05 rod kit so I got an 06-09 crank. Had a Wossner rod kit installed. Bought a Wossner piston kit. Not done with it yet. Trying not to make it a money pit. I will probably be $2000 in it when its finished. Suspension was already done and serviced for roughly my weight. Came with radiator braces skidplates and both OEM silencers. And I said I didn't want anymore four strokes.
  20. Richtxc Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Txc 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KDX 200, KTM 250sx
    for sure the 06-09 crank will work in thise bike? Ive found those years parts here and there on the web..

i found a crank, matching husky part #, on ebay from a seller in Poland for quite a bit cheaper than anyone here..

i had my truck break down on me, gonna need a long block, turbo etc for it so the Husky is gonna be on hold for anotber montb or two.