1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Just Bought A 2011 Txc 250....need Help Installing Te250 Speedo Gauge

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by motoslug, Jul 16, 2018.

1. motoslug Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TXC 250
    Hello friends,

This is my first post and my first Husqvarna bike.
    I just purchased a 2011 TXC 250 on eBay and love the bike.
    Everything mechanically is pretty much stock, except an aftermarket radiator fan and headlight (both are wired to turn on together at the same time), a FMF silencer...The Trail Tech dual headlight only has one light working right now, but I haven't checked the bulb or wiring yet for the headlight yet... will look into that.

Previous owner took great care of the bike and just had the top end rebuilt (new piston, rings and cylinder) and installed a new fuel pump, stator, voltage regulator, and battery. Bike has been running great and the clutch drag/difficulty getting into neutral has seemed to be disappearing as the new engine has been getting broken in.

However, I need help installing the Speedo that came with the bike... I believe it is from a te250. I have the wiring hardness that hooks up the speedo, but have no idea how to hook it up to the existing wiring system (and don't want to mess anything up, as the bike is running great right now).

I need to make the bike street legal in Massachusetts, USA (which I plan to do with a Tusk enduro lighting kit for the turn signals and brake light), but not sure how to proceed with the Speedo. It seems to be a plug and play situation, but not sure how it connects to bike as it currently sits. The TXC didn't come from the factory with a street legal kit. Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated. I will attach some pics of the bike and speedo/wiring harness.

Main question is basically: Can I easily hook up the Speedo and wiring hardness (for the speedo) to a stock TXC? Or will it take some customization to work properly?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. motoslug Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TXC 250
    here is how the speedo attaches to the wiring harness, which is what makes me believe, the system is plug and play..

Attached Files:

3. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Did you check the wiring diagram?
    Does it look like it will plug in without a complete TE250 wiring harness?

I believe the TE250's lights work with a TXC250 ECU so the TXC ECU should work with the TE's speedo.
  4. motoslug Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TXC 250
    I just found the workshop manual online, so I am going to dig through it and try to print and compare the te and txc wiring diagrams to see if the speedo can be hooked up... I can't imagine I would need a whole new te wiring harness as the two bikes are virtually the same (besides the TCX lacking the street gear and being unrestricted). we shall see. thanks for the input.
  5. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    Use an Endurance II: easier, cheaper, way better functions, and way easier to use.

If you don't need a turn sig indicator, fuel level LED, and hi beam indicator- you're done. if you do, they're semi-easy to wire up but I get the feeling you'd be better off stock.

good luck.
  6. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Please let us know what you find out.
  7. motoslug Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TXC 250
    found the diagrams, but they're pretty confusing. Going to take the seat and gas tank off this weekend and see if I can match up any of the wiring and find some spots to plug the speedo harness into.

Attached Files: