Just a heads up, in case anyone's after a 630...

Discussion in '610/630' started by EricV, Nov 17, 2014.

1. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    There's a nicely set up 630 for sale on advrider. By the looks of the mileage, when held up against the write-up, it would appear the fella spent more time farkling/studying it than riding it. :) Just teasing, Guoseph (if you're reading this)- it really does appear to be a well set up bike with some attractive extras in the offering. Just throwing out the heads up in case there are any fellow big TE lovers on the hunt (you know, anyone regretting missing out on JoisyJanet's or Xaman's.)
  2. SilverBullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 300EXC, V-Strom650, Super Tenere
    The rear tire on his bike looks huge. Guoseph what brand and size is that tire?
    [IMG]
  3. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    It does look big, but I'm pretty sure that's the stock Karoo.
  4. Guoseph Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501S
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda VFR800, KTM 525 EXC
    Yes I spent more time farkling the damn thing than I have time to ride it, also because recently I've been more focused on trying to ride dirt, so trailering and what not. Two small kids at home means I don't get to go on any adventures as I have planned :( I've decided to focus what little riding time I have on skills development with a 250. Staying with the Husky family.

And it's a stock Karoo, maybe it's the angle of the camera. That tire is pretty cooked, for Cafe Husky members I'll toss in a free new Dunlop D606 rear.
  5. mjskier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 KTM 990 SMT
    Is that the "low" version of the Seat concept, or just the regular?
    Unfortunately they don't make a high version, so I'm eventually going to have to build one myself.
  6. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Was just giving you a gentle ribbing on that- I certainly understand. Got a little one myself so, like you, haven't yet used the bike for real adventuring (fortunate, though, that here in VA there's great variety of terrain, so weekend rides have been great.) Anyway, good for you on the 250...I'd like to have a true dirt bike in addition to the 630 but, as much as I'd like a truck, it's not time for it yet.
  7. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Same boat. I want to go a little higher. Haven't looked into it a whole lot as, at this point, I'm thinking of bringing it by a local auto upholstery place to see what's possible.
  8. mjskier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 KTM 990 SMT
  9. kirbybikes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Seat- I am 6'4" so for my seat I bought a seat concepts and then added a 1/2" ensulite (camping) pad underneath. Then glued and stapled it all together. Worked out good with the lowered pegs. Only thing I would do different would be to remove more of the slope to the tank.
  10. mjskier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 KTM 990 SMT
    How much extra foam can you add before the seat cover is too short to staple back?
  11. Guoseph Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501S
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes, it's cut down about an inch or so. At the time I bought it I don't think it was officially labeled the "low version". You tall guys suck, I am 5'11" with 31" inseam and with this lower seat I'm still on the balls of my feet when trying to put my feet down. Are you guys sure seat concepts can't make you a custom taller seat with more cover material? They seemed to be willing to work with me on cutting it down when I ordered.
  12. Guoseph Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501S
    Other Motorcycles:
    It's fair though, sometimes I think my real hobby is reading about motorcycles and farkling them rather than riding them. Just like I seem to do more camera equipment collecting than photography :p. Farkling and interwebs reading can be done after the kids have fallen asleep. Between the TE and the SM I had before, I can't count the number of times I've had the tank off to fiddle with something.

Oh, and in case you haven't guessed, I'm selling this bike so I can farkle up the 250 :D
  13. kirbybikes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeah, even with the tall seat I can still flat foot the bike.

I added about 1/2 inch, might be able to do more but not much. I contacted Seat Concepts at the time for a taller seat and he had no interest in doing that even when he makes custom seats. Not sure what the problem was at the time but I managed to make it work.