James is done in SX for the year

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  2. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Like with KTM..... I'm done hating, as it burns up too much energy. I wish him all the best and hope he heals up well.
  3. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    If he comes to Washougal and makes Villopoto and Dungey work for it then I wish him well, otherwise he really ought to consider hanging it up.

That tuff block endo he did in the qualifier at St. Louis was cool to watch; no harm but mildly spectacular.
  4. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    That dude has had a lot of spectacular wrecks... Not so much this year, but man-o-man he has been known to wad up a few times... Fun to watch him..
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    really? He still easily runs top 10 injured and won a bunch of qualifiers and one main. I think he is far from done.
  6. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    He watches as many races as he finishes. I know he has the speed, but he does not have the consistency it takes to win anything longer than a heat race. If he keeps at it we will see more of the same in the outdoors (*read REAL MX)
  7. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    Too bad. I was getting renewed respect for him for not quitting despite not being dominant.

A nagging wrist injury needs time, hope he's ready for the Nationals....

I like old James on a 125 the best......

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEogfz1Xbmg
  8. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    young James + kx125...that was some high action stuff right there.
    Motosportz and water racer like this.
  9. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kdx200 tt500 yz450 klx125
    saw him wad one up at MX338 one time. He did get up with that same grin :)
  10. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    I saw James go side by side with Carmichael a few years ago at Washougal. Both very impressive riders....and as we all waiting for James to twitch and blow it, late in the second moto Ricky went down while scrubbing a jump right next to us. My appreciation for James abilities went up quite a bit that day. He followed it up with his 'win every weekend season' when RC retired and I was truly impressed. But now he seems to calculate how much effort each event is worth....looks to me like he already has one foot in retirement and is just putting on a show. Unfortunately there is no short heat show in the outdoors, ya gotta bring the whole game for the whole moto....and I dont think he can do it anymore.
    robertaccio likes this.
  11. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    Yes, I remember watching practice up real close in Atlanta back in the day with James on the KX125 going through the whoops and the bike hardly touched the dirt, simply amazing, will never forget.
    James is still fast and he adds excitement to the sport. Even though the bar has been raised since he first came up, I believe he still has it in him have some great races.
  12. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    my opinion......doesn't count but my opinion is the guy should stop before he is permanantly injured. probably was lap for the fastest man in the world...but i think others could go as fast if they rode outside the envelope like he does, he is not really been a good race headed racer, just pins it, win or crash in many cases. end of my opinion.....he sure does add action to the sport.
  13. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    No one comes from behind like Stewart can. Not even Villopoto. But it sure hurts to see him not doing very well, because you know there was so much talent in him.
  14. dave lindsey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XCW/2012 CRF230F
    He's really fast...like said before he has won a lot of qualifiers...he's seems to do good for 8 laps then gets tired...if he commits himself to fitness you'll see him winning mains again...
  15. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Could be, but I think its mental
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Racing SX with the fastest people on the planet with a messed up wrist and not doing well in the points is the issue and made a good decision to let it heal for the outdoors. I find it funny how people think if he is not top 3 he should pack it up. Hell he was still running 7th in the world, won qualifiers against the best and won and was on the podium with a bad wrist. I still think he is right in there and a valid racer.
    MotoMarc36 likes this.
  17. hodaka bob Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2003 WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    1974 Hodaka 125, 1974 Can-am 250
    Don't forget he has been riding hurt from the first race in January.
    Hodaka Bob
  18. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    ... Sounds like most you guys are living in the distance past .. And titles are not handed out for heat races wins ...

-- Stew's most recent championships ... Get a grip on the yr 2013 ....this guy is a long shot just to finish a moto ...
    2007 AMA Supercross Champion
    2008 AMA Motocross National Champion
    2009 AMA Supercross Champion

--

js7 has not run the outdoors for ~4 yrs :) ... F..k yea he needs to practice now ... Prepare yourself because RV2, RD5, DM18(?) , TC41, JB51 (?) ... maybe others are gonna put this guy in the shade and off the track most likely ... Stew will add something to the outdoors racing (lets hope he does not return to his past days of taking out other riders when he crashes), but the outdoor title is not gonna happen for him unless RV2 (maybe RD5) goes down ...

PS -- Stew hurt his knee just before the first race of the SX season in 2013... Just another footnote in racing that seems to happen to everyone but the champion each and every racing season ...

--

His 125 racing was over a decade ago ... You gotta move on :) .. Its an RV2 world today in the yr 2013 ...
  19. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250

I think I was at that same race and saw that RC4 crash from my view point on HP hill .. RC4 had the overall till he crossed rutted or something late in the race over a jump ... RC4 was the only racer who took multiple different lines around the track from what I saw ... That includes up and over HP hill and that huge rhythm section leading into the finish line jump ... He was the man on an MX track even with js7 there ...

--
    The Hollywood yrs took js7's racing result down a notch and that is OK ... Maybe he'll hit it big in the outdoors this year, but I gotta see it before I'll believe he can even finish an entire season ...

--
    You tube is full of their racing ...

Here is the crash I saw ... 2006 :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw_NOyKUSh4

--
    Watch enough of those races and you'll see why CR22 hates him ...