I've had it with the front brake

Discussion in '610/630' started by mjskier, May 2, 2018.

1. mjskier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 KTM 990 SMT
    Anybody else is underwhelmed by the front brake on the TE630?

My KTM 300 also has brembo components, and I can lift the rear wheel when braking hard.
    On the TE630, I can pull as hard as I want on the lever, the fork dives, but the bike takes a lot longer to stop (it is actually scary. I'm glad I haven't been in a situation where I have to make an emergency stop)

I have put the same pads as on the KTM. No change. I know how to bleed brakes, bed the pads, I have new fluid, plenty of pressure at the lever...

So what's next, different rotor, larger rotor, ditch the system and retrofit one from a KTM... ?
  2. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Note: it is a lot heavier than the 300 smoker. Try a complete disassemble of the brake, fully clean and service and then a full revers bleed with fresh fluids.
    Failing that a larger disc kit will work but not cheap, also the greater size equals more prospect of damage in the bush. A Galfer disc the same size as the OEM one might be an improvement.
    Good luck.
    mjskier likes this.
  3. jimmyc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 TXC449, 09 SM610, WR250, plated
    Other Motorcycles:
    18YZ250X GS1200 busa duc900SS GG
    can you get a SuperMoto bracket and a SuMo rotor, I think it's a 310 rotor.

I have a SM610 and it stops great even on track days.
    mjskier likes this.
  4. ceevu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 610/630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Elefant, husaberg fe501
    New brake hose,and new rotor might help too. I was having a hard time bleeding mine (610,but same brakes),untill i found that rotor was culprit for spongy feeling. 50k makes that...Now i am happy with it,knobby wheels dont need more braking power. Sumo might be different,atleast after third full braking from top speed.or first...