It's Black Husqvarna Month!

Discussion in '610/630' started by Jason, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Jason Husqvarna

Blackhusky.jpg Blackhusky2.jpg
    Happy Black Husqvarna History month, Gentleman. That is all.
    werbaer and _luke_ like this.
  2. Whatevier Husqvarna
    A Class

Woah! It's mean! :thumbsup:
  3. Huskymotardman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    how did you do the plastics? or are they brought parts? bike looks awesome by the way, very mean looking :D
  4. Jason Husqvarna

Thanks! Just a couple cans of Plasti Dip...and very time consuming, careful preparation.
  5. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ones you go Plasti-Dip you'll never...ummm...wait...actually no, you can peel it off and just go back...all hail the almighty Plasti-Dip :notworthy:

Y'alls bikes look so much better on the dark side...mine just came like that from the factory :love:

[IMG]

:D
  6. Huskymotardman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    love the look of a dark supermoto, wouldn't mind my 511 dark :) and muddy waters, is it your 610 that has that very nice led tail light?
  7. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    :D
    (ignore the mess, I'm always working on something in the shop...)

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Huskymicky818 and OlliTee like this.
  8. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think so ;)
    [IMG]
  9. Huskymotardman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    damn these black bikes look good! nice job RDTCU :D, and yeah muddy that looks good i like that, wish i could fab something like that with a plate mount, they don't like the plates mounted inside the rear in the UK
  10. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I´ve got a can of primer and am now waiting for delivery of the Plasti Dip. I only hope it´ll look as good as the pics of your bike. Side panels are the first to be done. How many cans will I need for the headlight, front and back? And did you use the transparent coating?

PS

Why didn´t you do the dog while you were at it?
  11. Jason Husqvarna

Primer? Don't need primer.
  12. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    Like Jason said, you don't need the primer, just wash it down with soap and water and let it dry.
    I used about 4.5 cans doing the headlight trim, front fender, fork guards, side panels and tail, but I did lay it on pretty thick. I also thickened it up a bit on the bottom of the fender and tail to help it hold up to rocks and such.

If you want a smooth finish, go with fairly heavy coats, it's "self-levelizing" and smooths out nicely. I wanted a more textured, matte look, so after a few heavy coats, I did the last coat very light, and from further away, more of a mist than actually spraying on the parts. The droplets will settle and bond, but not flood the surface, which leaves you with a textured finish.

And as for the dog, I don't think he would sit still for that...:p

[IMG]
    organ donor likes this.
  13. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thanx! That wuz helpful. So I´ll order a few more cans (the amount of white on the 630 is somehow embarrassing and some Harley drivers have even dared to accost me).

PS

Glad you didn´t do it to the dog as they´re my favourites
  14. BATES Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMS630
    Yeah, I tottally agree. Black SM is the way to go. RDTCU should ask for royalties. he got the ball rolling here!

Attached Files:

15. werbaer Husqvarna
    B Class

Credits to RDTCU ! I did it, because of the pictures of his post. :cheers:

I used about 3,5 cans of Black and 3/4 can of Red. No primer... also put some stickers on it afterwards. They stick well on the plasti dip.

@organ donor: Where you orderd it? I bought plasti dip at conrad electronic store (Mannheim). conrad electronic is the distrubute for plasti dip in Germany and i think there should be a conrad electronic in Berlin too... ;-)

Attached Files:

16. Huskymotardman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
  17. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    All look great!
    I'll try to get some better pictures tonight, NOT in my messy shop. I added some gray husky decals on the fender and tail.
  18. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
  19. Huskymotardman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    good :D just have to find something to try it on, wouldn't mind my 511 in a black dress and really? why you get everything so cheap! hahah
  20. Huskymotardman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    something like this...
    [IMG]