1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

It's all you guys fault.......olins

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Bigbill, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I found a pair of 80's olins with the gas bottles that were affordable. Might as well use the orginal shocks.
  2. jo360 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1983 exc framed wr430 engine
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 520exc
    Got a neighbour with a pair, the piggy back type with a copper coloured top, he has lots of parts for lots of bikes in pieces.
    He s going to give my youngest enough parts to make up a vintage yz250/mx250 1976 hes 14 years old but likes putting things together.
    Gets to keep the bike once its complete but shares the proceedings if he decides to sell.
    Husqvarnas are hard to find cheap in aus but you can get hold of the jap stuff easy enough.
    Bigbill and juicypips like this.
  3. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I think I'm up to 6 or 7 bikes in parts. Little by little I'm filling gaps in the parts I'm missing. The problem is finding the parts in good condition yet affordable. Some parts are priced to where we can buy a complete bike.
  4. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    wait till he discovers girls...he will be "puttin things together" then:lol:
  5. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    My son was on track to race netra. I figured he was pretty good of a rider and had pontenial. Then a pretty little skirt came along. She was also a rider too. But the idea of netra fell by the wayside for a few years. He did compete twice he came in 11th out of 40 riders the first race. He came in sixth the second race. Then he just stopped. I figured to have him go out and have fun racing netra. Maybe he'd be bitten by competing. I think his ex gal had more competition within her than he had. She loved beating the boys. It was fun to watch them both ride.
  6. jo360 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 520exc
    He discovered them a while back, at one stage he had three on the go, told him it wasn't his fault it was just " the curse of the beast" .
  7. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    yeeahh right!...proud dad im :thumbsup: sure
  8. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    Better to stay with the bikes for a while. Being an older geezer the bike never has a headache,?

I had three older brothers and we were younger we had so many bicycle accidents we never got close to any thing with a engine on two wheels.
    jo360 likes this.
  9. ajcmbrown Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    400WR 250WR 07 WR500 430AE 360AE
    Other Motorcycles:
    1985 500CR Ducati Multistrada 1200S

Headache? Just stroll in with two tynenol and a glass of water, when she says "whats that for" and you say "for your headache" and she responds with "don't be stupid, I don't have a headache" you know you're in!
    Tony.
    DaveM, jo360 and justintendo like this.
  10. jo360 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 520exc
    My neighbour refers to the shocks as "treasure" don't know if he would be interested in selling but who knows.guys got a late eighties monoshock ktm that will be his enduro stead once assembled.
  11. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    What does with gas bottles mean? the ones with the resevoir on the end of a hose? Some or all of those are corte corso or something of that nature from what I recall. Mind if I ask what is affordable and are the blue ITC ones? The trouble with the dual shocks is upon crashing often the shaft gets bent. I have a pile of shocks, took most of the springs off to mix and match but if they are not the blue itc I do not value them, have a few of the hose kind. I recently got the release to sign for non members to go riding at the bike club. I kind of doubt many on this section want to ride in my personal rock garden, no release needed.

Why you buy parts instead of whole bikes is puzzling. I hope your title here "it is you guys fault" does not pertain to buying parts vs buying whole assembled bikes. I found it took about 3 bikes in the 800 or so range to have a running assembled bike say 3 years later. (using it some during those 3 years) I guess things are different now. Buy new reproduction parts.
  12. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    They say here in the past to try to use the orginal shocks. I'm taking the advise. Affordable . How's $139 and there in good working condition. These are the copper colored shocks with the hose and gas bottles. I don't see that many affordable Husqvarna bikes. There starting to get expensive.
  13. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I guess $139 is good. Last set I had serviced with a seal head or something of that nature was around $200. Some of the shocks are not Ohlins look very similar. Maybe they came on the 125. Really have to know what things are. I think the ones from the 420 that have the hose and reservoir are not Ohlins but the piggy back ones are. ae vs axc.

I guess you are right about prices going up. Found a few completed ebay listings for fun. Did not find anything on search tempest within 200 miles in this section for Husky. I will put the best deal first.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-Husqva...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1983-Husqva...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1983-Husqva...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Strange that last one Kaplan just had an article about them in a local paper. Set up in a re done vacated factory. Kaplan computer has been around for a long time with the same flag type emblem.
  14. watto450 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1965 250, 1978 390 Auto, 1983 510 TX
    In the late 70's ..around 79 / 80 I think.. the auto AMX came with Koni shocks with a res on a hose.. shock bodies were a orange / red colour..the only bike of that era that did not have Ohlins as I recall..
  15. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    The values on these are climbing. is off road vintage, post vintage, disc brake added, racing really is putting a hurting on the prices. The vintage motocross and cross country classes is where the riders are in demand I guess for bikes. Like we said in the past if the used bike is running now and it's dated 70's or 80's the question is how long ago was it freshened? Was it ever rebuilt? Paying $3,000 and more for a vintage era bike then putting let's say up to $2000 plus or minus to repair it in a shop. The last bike I seen on cl was a '82 cr250 for $1,500. I think someone here grabbed it. It looked good. On one online site had 80's milk trucks all at $3,000.
    I hope the buyers are experienced in working on husqvarnas.
  16. dmcoz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1974 CR250, 125 2003 TE250
    Don't forget 81 - 125CR also had Koni shocks with res...
  17. jimspac Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR, 82 430WR, 84 250WR, 85 400
    Other Motorcycles:
    86 400WR, 82 Montesa Cota 349
    You will see values on these at www.nadaguides.com I have been using it for a few years to gauge when I might try to sell something
  18. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    The shocks I got that I returned looked very much like the blue ITC that came on the white frame bikes. It was quite a while ago I think they were Betor. Study the ribbing or fins between the reservoir and the tubular body is the best way to figure it out.
  19. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I never tried doing vintage bikes on something like that . I do recall the few times on some new left over bikes their idea was a one year old used one was worth more than I could get a new left over one. If I recall Kelly blue book was even more off from the reality I saw.

Here is for a 1983xc500
    Excellent $3,760
    Very Good $2,575
    Good $1,365
    Fair $665
    Poor N/A

I would guess a poor condition one would be worth what the front wheel and brake stuff plus the rear shocks would sell for.
    My 1998 wr125 does not have condition choices and the $450 is probably what they figrue my property taxes at. In this state one day they recompute your property tax and it becomes obvious it is best to get an antique/classic plate to fix the value at $500 for tax purposes. That of course has been discussed changing, the classic car guys get real excited on some of the community broadcasting tv programs. They do not tax airplanes to my knowledge here in Ct but having a not taxed bike is avoidance I do believe. Not sure about a pile of parts.
  20. Eurofreak Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1986 TE 510, 1982 CR250, 2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    70's Triumph , Bultaco , Maico, etc
    So, you have to pay tax on any vehicle you own, even not running?
    And you do it via your property taxes?:popcorn: