1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Issues with '13 WR300

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Rough Rider, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Rough Rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks guys; I have decided to pass on it. The main concern for me is the height of the bike and difficulty starting it; at 48 I am not exactly getting younger. I will look for something with a happy button and a lower seat height like Beta or Gas Gas. In the meantime my RM250, 610TE, 950SE combo will tied me over.
  2. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    Just trick out that RM250. Youve got a great base to start from.
    Motosportz likes this.
  3. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    The Beta would be great!

I'm ten years older than you are, and I stand about 5 ft 5 in tall, but I so fell in love with the WR300's charms out on the trail, that I simply couldn't resist it.:love:
    ray_ray likes this.
  4. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

reliability was the main problem. the damn thing broke every time i rode it. sub frame, frame, ignition, tank hold down bolt. lots of other little things. it was a battle to keep it going. final straw was i drove 9 hours to go to a race and the ignition failed before i could even line up for the start.

i saw a few others have radiator failures without any cause. mine failed on me during a mud race. ive raced alot of mud races on other bikes and that was my 1st split open radiator. mylers makes nice units for replacements.

a cheep bike's a cheep bike for a reason.

if your buying a new husky theres so many things that need upgraded out of the box its crazy. i went down this path and heard everyone telling me the same things im saying now. go ahead and ride whatever you want but thats my 2 cents worth.

ktm taking the helm will hopefully be an upward swing for the brand. husaberg has become a damn fine bike over the last 15 years.
    Norman Foley and 454x like this.
  5. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    While I respect your opinion and appreciate you sharing it, I would counter the claim that there are "so many" things that need to be upgraded out of the box. My bike is completely stock except for the carb (not counting add-ons like skidplate, guards, etc). I have put 1200 hard miles (maybe 60 hours?) on it, racing and fast trail riding, and it's never had a hiccup.

When I eventually crack the subframe, I'll pull it off and weld it, and consider it part of beating the daylights out of a dirt bike every weekend.
    icebergstu and 454x like this.
  6. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    :lol: Sounds like my 05 KTM 250! All the engine gaskets sweated from the git-go, the sub frame broke in the first month, the shock blew its seal before the bike was a year old, I had the exhaust pipe welded so many times, that I finally gave up and bought a Gnarly pipe, electrical switches kept taking a poop. It went on and on, on a top dollar machine no less.

I guess it's all relative....:excuseme::rolleyes:
  7. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The only button needed on a Wr 250 300 is the kill button BECAUSE once you start it the only way to stall it is with the kill button It runs that good If mine had a E button I would take it off along with the battery and the starter and the electronic to run it why carry the weight
    ray_ray, K5PL5 and kx3089 like this.
  8. Schrup Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR300
    I took mine out for the first time yesterday, I was expecting a host of issues after what I've read here. I was also a little concerned about managing the power. My last bike was an XR250 twenty years ago. The bike felt completely natural in the woods, we rode about 3 hours. I'm learning to ride all over again, this bike is everything I wanted, super agile & tons of power. The suspension bailed me out in the whoops a couple times & the throttle is intoxicating.

I had my share of stalls, but never had any trouble kick starting it. Everything was smooth until I broke off my kick stand, should have removed it before I started, oh well, don't need it anyway. I already installed rad guards, next will be a skid plate.

This is a great bike, I'm thrilled to ride it, glad I bought it.
    ray_ray, Motosportz and K5PL5 like this.
  9. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 HUSABERG FE 350 ,2014 KTM 300XC
    I can write a novel on the problems all my riding buddies had with their KTMs, Although the 300 xcw is the flagship of the offroad line. Its a great bike and ive ridden quite a few of them. I have beatin the living shit out of my WR 300 over last couple of years through the most challenging terrain and enduro competition with no issues at all !! just nut and bolt check it every now and then. Its not a bike for the beginner or the weekend "C" rider ( and you have to tune the suspension to your needs)but i wouldn't trade it for ANY ktm !
    ray_ray, Glenn haynes and Dirtdame like this.
  10. Rough Rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

This is my current stable, which is not bad. The RM is properly sorted and goes like hell.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    454x likes this.
  11. Doug Piper Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250 SM250
    That suzuki looks very clean, do actually ride it ?
  12. Rough Rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

13. postie25 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300
    Opening post on here after just having joined following the purchase of my first Husky.

So just heard today that Husqvarna Oz will warranty the blown top end on my 2014 WR300.......following its second ride on the weekend. No real news on what caused it but I pulled the plug before dropping it back to Trooper Lu and piston looked pretty pitted. Bike just bogged and stalled with nil comp when I attempted to restart.

Have eliminated the leaking intake manifold and lean jetting possibilities. Any other tips before I roost off with my newly rebuild jug??
    ray_ray likes this.
  14. justpinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    93 kx 125 with a kdx 200 engine.
    Jd jet kit. If it starts shuting off for no reason the eventually restarting, prob the cdi.
    broken biker likes this.
  15. Schrup Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR300
    I'm feeling pretty lucky, I think I got a gem. I got three rides on her without a hiccup. I amazed how easy she is to ride, I have to do a lot of lugging through tight trails with my son. He's just learning & making great progress. I didn't have to go back & bail him out last night, though he crashed & stalled. l pulled off my helmet, then heard him start it.

My only regret is not removing my stand before my first ride, snapped it off. Bark busters will probable be my first purchase.
    ray_ray and Dirtdame like this.
  16. broken biker Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1994 TE 610 2012 WR 300
    new motor?top end ,or top & bottom end?
    ray_ray likes this.
  17. GhostRider32 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 KX250
    I have a Italian 14 WR 300 with a Rekluse and love it. I put the jdjetting kit in my TMX and it is a one or 2 kick starter, hot or cold. I love the bottom end power.
    ray_ray and Dirtdame like this.
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    You have it covered, no reason to buy another bike. That RM should cover everything the Wr300 would and turns better.

BTW my buddy has a 07 WR250 he has absolutely thrashed for 7500 miles in the deep woods. He does zero maintenance and the bike just keeps slogging on. He broke the tab on the subframe that holds the muffler and that's about it other than a piston and rings way passed when it needs them. Been an anvil. I have owned many of these bikes in the past and have a 04 CR250 right now and they have all been reliable as a hammer. The newer ones seem to have more reported issues.
  19. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    i was just at my dealer over the weekend. Theres a late 90's cr250 motor in there (which is basically same engine). It has a sign on it that says 22,000 miles on it. My wr300 is at 4500 with original piston. I am not a racer but a solid b rider and ride it a ton. I dot rev it out a ton. Plus It doubles as a dual sport and trail bike. Has perfect compression, fires up first or second kick and gobs of power. I am totally baffled when I hear people having problems with them, everyone i met on the trail swear by them. Including me
  20. justpinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    93 kx 125 with a kdx 200 engine.
    I'm one of the ppl who has had many probs w my wr 300. I am as baffled as you, i heard good things about them, and read good things on here before i bought it brand new. I'm enjoying the s*+^ out of it now that i got straightened out though.
    shawbagga likes this.