Issues starting TE630

Discussion in '610/630' started by josem, Apr 28, 2017.

1. josem Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Hi Guys,

After sort of managing to start and half fixing starting issues, problem seemed to be the CPS. See http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/te630-engine-not-starting.83973/ thread for more details. So the TE has been working, able to start better, but still the neutral kept blinking and sometimes it was really difficult to start. I took the bike to a mechanic (not Husqvarna official) and they detected the CPS cables were not well isolated. So they fixed this.
    Lately the bike was giving more problems to start with a heavy smell of petrol.
    A couple of weeks ago i managed to connect the iBeat software.
    The software reported failures with Tilt Sensor 'High Value' and TPS.
    I reset the CO values from 100-100-100 to 85-95-100 (aprox., cannot recall exact values now) and machine started fine again.
    So i resetted TPS, cleared failure history and the only remaining error is the 'tilt-sensor high value' message and still the neutral flashing error.

So i think i might have to replace the tilt sensor cap (8000A6774). Can someone confirm this is the part i need?
    I also had a problem with the hose (13) sending the fuel from the pump to the injection system. The plug (14) got disconnected every now and then and fuel got spilled all around. So i think the connector is now defective, so i am also getting a new tube (8000H2403 - HOSE FUEL DELIVERY)

Captura de pantalla 2017-04-28 a las 13.52.23.png

So after searching the forum, with the iBeat, and the experience i now have, my diagnostics is:
    -. CPS replacement gave problems due to badly isolating the cable welded connections. These connections live inside oil, hence need to have special isolation cover.
    -. TPS has had issues that might be related to TPS connector getting wet. This getting 'out of tune' might have caused miss-leading values sent to the ECU. Resetting CO values with iBeat, resetting the TPS with iBeat after bike staying in a dry place for some weeks (TPS connector now dry) has made this work again and error is no longer appearing. This might have also caused the breaking of the fuel hose connector due to too much pumping stressing the connector.
    -. Neutral still flashing due to tilt connector. Needs replacement.

I used to do long (400-500 Km) daily trips, on the trail and on roads, and now i am a bit uneasy with what i think is a very unreliable bike. I want to renovate trust on it.
  2. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 GA
    Did you replace the temperature sensor??
  3. josem Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Yes. I have 2 sensors that both work. This was the first issue the husky gave me about 3 years ago now.
  4. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    TE630 does not have a tilt sensor, just a bypass plug where the tilt sensor would be on a SMS bike. I'd plug/unplug the bypass plug a couple times and see if the code goes away. If not, I'd order a new plug.

I would suggest 98, 100, 118 on the CO settings unless you're adding fuel with a piggyback device. The bikes are very lean as delivered, hate to see you damage a head gasket or rod bearings.

I hope your fuel line problem is with the line and not the receptacle on the pump housing. I think it is only available as a complete assembly.

Good luck!

Rotax_655 likes this.
  5. josem Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Do
    Hi Dynobob, thanks for your reply. Do you know where the tilt sensor bypass plug is ?
  6. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    Under the seat near the fuses/main relay.

7. Epicaluptus Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna SMS 630 '11
    Interesting, bit similar to my problem with the water in the connector of the TPS -> there is also water in the connector of the temperature sensor, man they suck at sealing the connectors... I called Husqvarna dealer, he said it's a common problem, he hasn't found a solution yet (replacing connector), he just sprays it with a water repellant spray, pinches the pins a pit together for better contact and normally it's oke. I don't want to do this, I'm replacing the pins in the connectors and sealing it properly. Anyone has experience in finding the correct pins for the connectors? This is a pain in the *ss!! Are there any values for the TPS to check if it's still oke? (Ibeat cable almost completed, still missing one piece before I can start the puzzle :) )