ISDE 2010 Morelia, Michoacan, Mexico thread

Discussion in 'Racing' started by robertaccio, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Apparently you are correct Joe, as usual. :)

The results are here http://www.isde-live.info/

I'll take a closer look tonight but Husqvarna did really well :thumbsup:

:cheers:
  2. Michel Dufayard Husqvarna
    Pro Class

1er équipe du Trophé (Méo, Guillaume, Aubert, Deparrois, Nambotin, Thain (et Milou )
    1ére équipe FEMININE (Puy, Rossat, Dufrene)
    E1 : 1er Antoine Méo (FRA)
    E2 : 1er Johnny AUBERT(FRA)
    E3 : 1er Sébastien GUILLAUME (FRA)
    SCRATCH : Johnny AUBERT (FRA)
    1ére Women : Ludivine PUY (FRA)
    Ouhhh TEQUILA !!!:doh:

Attached Files:

3. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Big congrats to all the riders who competed...it was a tough one. Thank goodness no attacks on anyone. Congrats to the dominant French teams......Aubert was flawless and blazing. If he had rode like a mere mortal, Husky may have taken the manufacturers cup ....... but alas, it went to the kool aid boys.
    Congrats to all.
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna podium results:

E1: 1st & 3rd
    E2: 2nd
    E3: 1st
    C3: 3rd

And Wally Palmer got a 6th in C2 on a Husky. :)

There were other Huskys :thumbsup:

5. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just reading the racing section of Advrider, & saw this.

One other side note, Wally Palmer from the U.S. Club team was flown out early today. He went to the hospital last night and they determined that he did not need immediate surgery, but it was of significant enough concern that they flew him out today to receive consultation in the U.S. The rest of the team chipped in today and got his bike and gear all packed up and put in the container. He had a major contusion on his leg was in serious pain yesterday and they were concerned that blog clots could form in his leg and cause permanent damage. That kid is tough.

Hope he's okay. Heal up well Wally & congrats on your finish. Well done :thumbsup:
  6. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wow. Hope he is doing as well as possible. I just checked the last days results (day 5) and indeed Wally was not listed in the results. If you find a link with updates please let us know. Seems Wally got a 4th, and a few 5th & 6ths in the first 4 days.

I also just noticed Jeff Fredette was also in C2 on a, you guessed it, Kawasaki.
  7. Daniel508s Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Suzuki RMz450, 2013 KTM250sx
    Yes, Husqvarna did real well. Plenty of Husky finishing towards the front, with lots of entries.
    Jeff Fredette an Off Road Legend
  8. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I spoke to Lindsay Pirie briefly today. Wally is home and the injury to his leg seems to be less serious than first thought in Mexico. No right to the hospital for emergency surgery and he is consulting with the Doctor today. He did finish Day 5.

Wally is now hospitalized with complications from his injury. He's in a hospital that specializes in traumatic injuries of the leg. I don't know the details yet. Keep Wally in your thoughts.
  9. SanDHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

Greetings!!!

What a great week of racing in Morelia. The only negative incident that I know of was the cancellation of the final day (Motocross). Friday afternoon, Mexican security forces arrested a high ranking cartel member in a nearby city. In retaliation, cartel forces carjacked cars and buses, blocked roads into the city of Morelia and set the cars on fire. As the moto facility was located about 30 minutes from the Paddock (Start/Finish) area, the Mexican and FIM officials decided to not risk moving away from the city.

As far as the event and the racing, what an unforgettable week. Its just so awesome to see all those racers from all those different countries, all racing in good spirit and competition. The Stars and Strips flying proudly in the wind, our racers never giving up. The Chilean riders, riding inspired by the recent mine rescue. The large contigent of local Mexican racers and their hero, Homero Diaz, leading the Mexican charge. The French team so clinical in their approach, so structured and working as one cohesive unit. Their Trophy rider on the Kawasaki (Parrout?), crashed hard on day 2 and tore ligaments in his right knee. He soldiered on for his team and finished the event.

So many stories to talk about. I went down to this event as a spectator and ended up unofficially helping Team USA. Helping Amanda Mastin get through a hard uphill and getting a simple thank you as she rode away. Getting a thank you and a handshake from Jeff Freddete after day 5 for helping out at the nasty uphill section. Getting to talk with Meo, Lulu, Aubert, Casselli, Weigand and many other racers.

I'll post a week recap later in the week. I have hundreds of pics from the event.

I will post them soon.

Mitch
  10. SanDHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

A couple quick pics. Once I figure out this Kodak gallery thing, then I can post them so everyone can see them.

Mitch

Attached Files:

11. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    dude psyched for our little one day version !
    thursday Vets day (Ooh Rah) the usual place for training, my friggan TXC is so good right now.
    ID photos I'll give it a shot,
    Lulu, Caselli, Jay Hall, Aubert, Meo.
  12. SanDHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

Thursday works for me. The ground is nice and moist out here :applause

Correct on the names. Got some nice pics and camera vid of Meo's TE250.
  13. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    my phone is dead, Ill hit you up later, lets rail!!!
  14. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Thanks for the pics Mitch. :)
  15. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Mention (for us fans)needs to made to young CH Racing Husky rider Giacomo Redondi Italian Jr team,,,, first ISDE, 8th OA in E1, First 125cc 2T in a class filled with 250 4Ts. This kid rails!! The Husky 125cc 2 stroke is still in the top 10 mix!!!
  16. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I hope Wally mends quickly and correctly! ....Here are a few pics (2nd one is the big bad 300) from the Husky news letter ... Meo looks like he is changing his FS ..

Nice pics above and good to here the event went off safely ...

HUSQVARNA WINS IN TWO CLASSES AT THE ENDURO 6 DAYS IN MEXICO

Saturday the 85th edition of the enduro 6 days has been concludedin Moreila, Mexico, in which Husqvarna has won in two classes with its riders and it has also gained two podiums.This represents a great success for both the CH Racing Team and for the Speedbrain team, for the official Husqvarna riders and for the bikes that have shown to be competitive, reliable and indestructible even on dusty tracks such as the Mexican ones.

Beyond 30 hours of racing, with 200 minutes of special trials have put on probation both people and bikes.

Antoine Meo has won the E1 class with the TE250 like this drawing the French Team to the victory for what concerns the important teams trophy. For Meo the victory at the 6 days has fulfilled a wonderful season after the triumph in the world championship and in the French championship.

For the first time in this class with a TE250 has Alex Salvini done his debut, third in the E1 class and at his first enduro race in 2010.
    The recruit of the CH Racing Team fulfills the victory in the E1 class, Giacomo Redondi, beginner at the Enduro Six Days, Redondi with the WR125 and wearing the azure top of the team Junior Italia has won the eigth place in class, first among the riders with a 125.

In the E2 class Juha Salminen has brought the Husqvarna TE449 on the second step of the podium in back of the overall winner of this ISDE, Johnny Aubert. The seven times Finnish world champion has pushed his own country to win the third step of the podium in the ranking of the trophy.

The second victory in the class has been obtained from another French rider: Sebastien Guillaume with the WR300. Guillaume has run off a great 6 Days, winning on day 2 and 3 and keeping a good distance towards his contender for what concerns the overall ranking, Oriol Mena, who then got second with 33” seconds of distance.

In the ranking for factory Husqvarna got in the second place.

Attached Files:

17. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Much thanks Ray. :)

18. SanDHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

Correct Ray Ray....Meo changed out his CS and put a new chain slider on at that service pit (Day 3, second loop). I got some video of Meo finishing up the CS change and then him doing some other work to the bike. I was 4 feet away from Meo when he was working on the bike....Just incredible how close you can get. Nobody seemed to mind that I was in there taking pics and shooting vid.

About 50 yards away from that pic, Casselli and Brown were putting in new clutches on their "factory" 250'f. Took them about 5 minutes for a complete clutch swap. Talked to Casselli later on and he said that they felt that Brown and him would have the best chance in E1 on the KTM 250'f bikes. Due to the altitude of the event, they felt the factory KTM 250f would be a better choice than trying to build up another brand of 250 for the event. In case anyone was wondering why Casselli and Brown rode E1.

Mitch.
  19. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    This Meo guy sounds \ looks like quite an asset to his team .... Could you tell what gearing he was using?
  20. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    12/50 according to his mech Fred