1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Is The Motosportz Steering Damper As Good As Competitors?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by turbo100, Jul 28, 2011.

1. turbo100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hello,
    I am hunting for a best buy stearing damper and the Motorsportz seems to be a nice alternative.
    Whats their quality?
    Do they break?
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Mr Motosportz here. Obviously I'll let real customers respond but wanted to let you know our dampers have been 100% reliable / problem free since we changed the main seal design a few years ago. We also offer free service and no BS policy of, if it is broke, we fix it free, always. I don't care if you caused the damage via a wreck, we get it back up to 100%, free.
    J.R., RobNewy and dirt_rider93561 like this.
  3. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have never used the motosportz one but I can tell you I am not impressed with the GPR V-4 for a Husky. Maybe it works out west better. I have never had a piece I have not had to modify on the GPR. Sent it in to be rebuilt and now the damper stops before the steering stop to the left. It is a shame as it looks good.

The motosportz one has been adapted to all Huskies which means less grinding. I have only heard positive reviews on the motosportz damper.
  4. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    Motosports is the BEST deal going fer yer Hoosk. Slim, adjustable, the works. And, yer backed the Man. Dealt with him many many times, nothing but personal fast service, like a lot of our sponsors.
    Call him, he'll hook you up and you will not be sorry.
  5. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    I will be sending Motosportz money for my 5th damper today (if Kelly ever sends me a Paypal request :D). I have been 110% satisfied with all of mine. Never had a single issue and could never imagine riding a bike without one. The simple on-the-fly adjustment is a huge plus in my opinion and the thing just works! No over-complicated controls, robust construction, no-nonsense service, and good people to deal with.
  6. Chi2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TC450
    Other Motorcycles:
    1980 XS650 (Cafe racer; WIP)
    Will the Motosportz work with a larger IMS tank? I have a 2006 TC 450, and I will be buying a larger tank in September. I'd like to outfit my bike with a steering damper first, and then upgrade the tank a few months later.
  7. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    I installed the MS damper on my CR 150 before I switched to the IMS tank. After insalling the IMS, everything still fits perfectly. However, I have seen posts about IMS tanks that swell and take on lives of their own. My tank has behaved. You may want to research a bit more before installing the IMS with a MS damper installed.
  8. DavidB Husqvarna
    A Class

I installed Scotts on my new TE 310. Perfect fit and I had great support. Had other Scotts units with no issues. I have only heard good things about MS unit but obviously Scotts has a well known reputation.
  9. racedesert_ Husqvarna
    B Class

I've had my Motosports on my TE450 for over a year. Works great no problems fits the bike with the over sized IMS. It is tight, but it will fit.
  10. turbo100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ok, thx for inputs
    The MS damper for the TE250 is undermount, how much will it raise the bar?
  11. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    If you take out the stock riser- and replace with the Damper- the bars will be only a little higher (guessing 1/4")
    If you continue to use the stock riser and add the dampner- the bars will be about (guessing 3/4" higher)

I was happy with my bar height- so taking out the stock risers upon instalation worked perfect- unnoticeable difference.

Its a great system- it is a streamline setup where you visably can hardly tell it is there- just blends in- yea like it was made for the bike without saying I HAVE A STEERING DAMPNER.

The IMS 08-10 tanks are the only tanks that I am aware of causing problems for instalation. Some fit some require some adaptation- its ImS's design that causes that problem. An Hour of patience with the tank off and drained and a heat gun tops. DON"T GRIND THE TANK.

I have been running one since last fall and love it- changing fluid is stupid easy. I would buy a motosportz again and recommend them to friends.

My Review of the MZ Damper
  12. scottyk Husqvarna
    B Class

I picked one up used, and call Motsportz to ask him a question about the bolts that hold it on (mine didnt come with them). Next day there were 4 bolts in my mail free of charge. Great people to work with, I didnt even buy it new and they stood behind it, not something you see very often. I love it on the bike and in the sand it rocks. Def would recommend..
  13. fasteer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 701 Enduro
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco SEF300 (for sale)
    based on this thread & some others, I've just ordered a Motosportz damper & a spare shift lever.
  14. turbo100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hello,
    Will the damper help me on tight tracks/trails where we have many melon sized stones and those roots crossing the trail sideways..
    I would really like to focus on the curve line and not beeing afride to fall because of obsticles..
    Is a stearing damper a way to go??
  15. paddycdiver Husqvarna

Hi
    Would the damper fit the new te 125
  16. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Absolutely. That's one of the biggest reasons I started using a damper. Some of the trails I ride in Pennsylvania are nothing but rocks, ruts, and roots and the damper makes an amazing difference.
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I have nevers seen one of those bike so i do not know. If you want to Email me some dimensions i can figure it out. Email me if interested. Would need pix of the steering head area and some critical dimensions.

thanks,
    Kelly
  18. Planepower Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TC 250/ 450 6spd, 2007 SMR 530
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducat 1198S, SV1000, CBR125, DRZ125
    I must have one of the older designs (bought bike wit it installed, without upgraded seals), mine weaps but still works. Very satisfied with the product!
  19. paddycdiver Husqvarna

Hi Kelly
    Still offshore at the moment will be home in a couple of weeks .Hope to pick the bike up then and will get some pics up of the bike
  20. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Motosportz dampers just plain work , i have 3 hate riding a bike without one. I bought a used bike with a Scotts on it and wish it was the MS . I think they are a little smoother and simpler.