1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc is my head gasket on its way wr125 2013

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by scott-tmk, Dec 5, 2016.

1. scott-tmk Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna wr125
    so..since Saturday after changing the plug due to it fouling i gave the bike a general once over and i've noticed i keep having to top up the coolant on the bike after it's cooled down the rad seems to be pressurized and this morning on my commute to work and from work the bike was real smokey like for quite a extended amount of time i'm thinking its the head gasket but id thought id ask everyone's opinion on here too again the fluid level has dropped and the rad seems to be pressurized could anyone point me in the direction as to what it could be ?

thanks in advance!
  2. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    Plumes of white smoke behind you will be head gasket.
    Start the bike and have the rad cap off do it cold.
    If it spews water all over the place then yup head gasket.
    scott-tmk likes this.
  3. scott-tmk Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna wr125
    yeah its doing that...rad smells like combustion too. ah fuck right before christmas aswell
    thanks for the reply
  4. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    No head gasket just 2 o-rings, Even if you do the job sitting on one hand it wont take more than a hour to replace them.
    NCSteve, Dirtdame and juicypips like this.
  5. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    Depends how it's gone seen cylinders eaten away that's caused the gasket to fail.
    But if it is just o rings then yeah real easy man.
  6. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    Yes your right Juicy but in all the cases I have seen concerning the 125 its normally just the inner o ring, If the bike has been run without coolant / anti freeze and just plain water there is a chance of ice cracking the head or cylinder (seen it a few tines on various bikes / mopeds but we have only had about 4 days of below zero so far this year as you well know
    So fingers crossed for scott and its just a oring problem thats a easy fix.
  7. scott-tmk Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna wr125
    johnnyboy..

you are correct it was the inner o ring that has failed after stripping it for a inspection...

It had recently been run with a water and summer antifreeze coolant mix maybe for a week or two max after i had ripped the rad pipe off the water pump the other week whilst up in wales and i had only just changed it back onto the putoline stuff when the o-ring failed.

In the mean time i'm going to measure the bore and order a piston kit as it'll save me the hassle of doing it in the new year i happened to read what 'juciypips' had put earlier in the day and i partially sh*t myself but i'm much more at ease knowing that it's just the o-ring is there anything else i should be looking out for since this o-ring has failed apart from husqvarna's shitty coolant porting work it's not bad but not great..and again lads thanks for the immediate help and input its really appreciated :applause:
    juicypips likes this.
  8. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    The only thing I would watch for is to make sure the new piston has the two small lube holes drilled in the skirt in line with the exhaust port as I saw one nip up within a mile as soon as the throttle was shut coasting down a hill, If they are not present drill some :thumbsup:
  9. fastkx125 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Had to replace my o-rings twice already. The second time happened like you explained it. The first time was a total failure, there was a cloud of coolant chasing me through the woods lol.