is a 31,000km 2011 TE630 still a good bike?

Discussion in '610/630' started by Owen88, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Owen88 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 duke 390
    So I am looking at a 2011 TE 630 with 31,000km with dual sport wheels and supermoto wheels and some spare parts, it had the bottom end rebuilt at 20,000km and some of the top end. How easy are parts to find in Canada for this bike? Is 30k a lot? how many more kms can I expect with proper maintenance, does this seem like a good deal? The current owner says it has less power than before and starts rough, I am thinking this could just mean the valves need adjusting, or I might need a new top end. He is asking $3800 cad for everything. It also had a headlight with two round lights and that looks amazing.

2. ceevu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 610/630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Elefant, husaberg fe501
    I cant say how easy or difficult parts are get in Canada,in Finland i have had everything i needed in few weeks so far. Now i ordered new clutch bushings,ETA 2 weeks(edit,got them in four days,including postage! And they were not in stock when ordered),and not that expensive. My bike has now 50k km,and as far as i know without bigger problems. One cam sprocket,needed new cam(sprocket is pressed),few bearings at same time etc. However,i dont know what has been done before 27k,when i bought it.
    I rebuilt 610 bottom end at approx 40k,and believe it will go loong way after that. Piston/bore/head/valvetrain looked just fine. Reason for big end bearing failure in that case? i believe oil overheat,or water in oil. Or both a little...Cause they have both happened in that bike previously.

Those problems could be electrical too,so might be easy,might be not. There is no good deals in bikes this old,but if you like it...Resale value will not be much after you drive few more 10k km in it,but i guess it will not be much in ktm either after 50-60k
  3. Owen88 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 duke 390
    yeah I'm hoping its just the valves, if not its probably the top end, and I don't mind spending a extra couple Hundred $ to get a a great bike that will last me a few more years to come.
  4. kirbybikes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Parts in Canada come thru the KTM parts supply chain so generally pretty quick. The other supplier SWM has essentially the same motor in current production which is good for us. Generally an easy bike to work on. Have not had any major problems with mine ( touch wood here!) in about 18k km. That seems like not a bad price with the km, issues and they Lynx front fairing.