Intermittent stalling after thunderstorm

Discussion in '610/630' started by JonDirt, Oct 4, 2016.

1. JonDirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610 2008
    My bike was out overnight and a thunderstorm caused a washout and the bike was on its left side until the morning. Picked it up and it ran fine and I didn't think much more about it, but a few weeks later, when I opened up, the bike stalled at around 50mph. It started again and I was able to ride home, but it happened again the next ride when I went WOT - now I have an intermittent stall at speed. I replaced the plug (which was fairly old) and that didn't fix it. Since nothing else has changed, my guess is that some water got in to something, but I'm at a bit of a loss as to where to start diagnosing. What should I check first? Stator? Wiring? Oil? Pump? Any pointers?

Cheers
  2. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    Probably got some water (and possibly corrosion) in your throttle position sensor and/or plug.
  3. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    Get iBeat and check for error codes if possible. May save a lot of guessing.

4. JonDirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610 2008
    Thanks - have to find my Windows computer then Ill run iBeat and report back...
  5. KayDubbya Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW F650GS
    I've just started to get a random stalling on my TE6300 too. It only happens when I'm about to stop (traffic, lights, etc.). I pull in the clutch to downshift and the engine dies. Not frequently and it does fire right back up. Other than trying to hook up IBeat, any other suggestions? I'm concerned that something serious is about to happen. (No thunderstorms were involved...)