1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc interior engine bolt torque

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by LBBKserg, Jan 24, 2018.

1. LBBKserg Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 300wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    05crf450,07yzfr6,08xcf-w250,01exc525
    image1.jpeg so I'm in the middle of getting ready to reassemble my engine case and this is the first time I have ever done something like this(rebuilt the entire bottom end) and Im trying to figure out how am I suppose to know what these bolts are called and their torque setting.
    It says y m c 10.9 is the 10.9 the torque?
    thanks!
  2. taps Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '94 WXC360
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 RMZ450, '08 RM250, & '74 MX360
    10.9 will be the bolt grade

You can check this site for what the grades mean.

https://www.boltdepot.com/fastener-information/materials-and-grades/bolt-grade-chart.aspx

I always find it difficult to sort through the list of torque specs in the manual, but if you can't find exactly what you are looking for, they also have a general torque specs listed for standard sizes.

And someone will certainly chime in saying, "Tight is tight." I also prefer a torque spec when it is possible. :)

That's about all the help I am at the moment. At least it takes care of one of your questions!
    LBBKserg likes this.
  3. LBBKserg Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 300wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    alright thanks can't seem to find any info in the manual so difficult to look at with 5 different languages in the same paragraph haha most likely blue loc tight and tighten it
  4. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    yup. that screw head pocket wont take a lot of torque in some cases that type of socket (hex/torx/phillps et, al.) will blow out before the shank can stretch appreciably. if there's no spec on the call out sheet i usually just clean the hole and screw shank well- brak-kleen/cotton swab/air gun to get it spotless then add a small drop of blue loctite and snug her down. to remove it if ever nec heat the head with a pencil torch to soften the locking agent before trying to remove.
    LBBKserg likes this.
  5. LBBKserg Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 300wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    yep i learned on one of the bolts, bearly torqued it and stripped. had to use the trusty wedge tool and hammer almost couldn't get it
    thanks guys!
    pvduke likes this.