1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    FE = 4st Enduro & FC = 4st Cross

FE/FC Interesting mods and bits for the new Husky

Discussion in '4st' started by Chums, May 15, 2014.

1. bowser Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE350
    they look like a fair amount of the radiator is still exposed as is the end tanks also would have been nice to pick up all 4 fan mounting bolts
  2. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    My picture isn't the best at showing the entire coverage, which these braces do provide. I was intending to show the rivet removal process. The stock KTM bracket also only utilizes 3 mounting holes so it's the same as stock.
  3. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Got a bit more work done to the 501. She's pretty much ready to tear up some trails. Stiffer rear spring coming but it'l do for now.:thumbsup:
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    BadMotoWeazal, john01, Tinken and 2 others like this.
  4. Russ Henry Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 310
    Does the FE 350 come with the better filters ?
  5. bowser Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE350
    Don't you love how the frame stickers seem to be a friday arvo special, I trimmed mine and got them to fit heaps better
    TROFFER88 likes this.
  6. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    The frame stickers are just a short term solution to protect the powder coating from my boots and provide a small amount of grip. My ultimate plan is to buy some KTM black frame guard kits and hack/trim them to fit around the sub frame. The master cylinder needs some protection now though. Anyone know of a decent solution to achieve that?
  7. Chums Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I'd like to discontinue my account
    Just watched a video about the air filter on the 13' 350 berg which the 13' & 14' bergs are basically the same frame and subframe as the 14' husky.
    Anyway looks like there was some concern over the air filter sealing and so they tried a kind of hard rubber washer in between the filter and the little pin in that plastic arm that holds the filter in to keep more pressure on the filter helping it seal. They also used a PC racing filter and rubber air box gasket which actually looked like a good set up and didn't require that washer to keep things snug. Just thought I'd share. Might be worth a shot for dusty conditions.
  8. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    I noticed that to properly fit the air filter you have to wiggle it into place to get the inner plastic piece to fit/snap into the air box plastic then it seals very good. It really became apparent when I tried installing the air box cleaning cover which is just a plastic cap for washing/cleaning the bike with the filter removed. The cap needs to be wiggled into position while applying some force then it snaps in and fits very snugly. I think it will get better over time but I prefer a tighter fit so I would just recommend being careful when installing a filter. Clear as mud right? LOL
  9. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Russ, you are probably going to want to add one of our fuel filter inline with your injector. Currently we are just waiting on our pleated filters to arrive and we will be releasing the new blue anodized billet 10 micron units.
  10. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Stock exhaust on the FE501 is very good, short of not having a resonator. Changing the silencer makes zero difference. I would not change the exhaust until you are ready to go with a full powercommander setup. By that time, we should have full race maps.
  11. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    I love the stock muffler so I have no plans to replace it.
  12. Russ Henry Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 310
    Is that the same for the 350 ? I really like how quiet the stocker is but I would like some more bark from the motor
  13. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Yes, but the 350 really should have a resonator installed.
    The system below is hands down the best you can get for the 350.
    [IMG]
  14. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    I like that the 501 stock exhaust is quiet but with a quick twist of the throttle it produces a deep "I'll be roosting the guy behind me now" sound and THAT is second to none. IMHO Soft when it has to be but garners respect along the way.
  15. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    My 511 is faster than Ty's 501, but not by much and his is stock. I think it's a great bike.
  16. Justin Fonseca Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 300
    For those of you with hand guards, did a replacement pivot pin come with your bike for the clutch and brake levers when you switched to aftermarket hand guards?
  17. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    I had some rubber covers and 2 bolts with nuts in a baggie that were in the box of extras from the dealer. The bolts fit perfect and I put the rubber covers on as well.
  18. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Has anyone added an aftermarket Acerbis tank to the new FE's? Any
    problems encountered during the install? Did you use the KTM exc or xcw product?

Secondly has any investigated possibilities for adding a rear rack or some other mechanism to haul tools/tubes on the rear fender?

Does the FE come with the euro mapping? and I've heard that the mapping isn't locked like the 500 exc and xcw so that opens the doors for improved fueling with various aftermarket products...
  19. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    We run a 4 gallon Acerbis tank on one 501 and a 5 gallon on the other. I like the 4 gallon much better, but the 5 gallon is great for the long dual sport rides or races. Our rear rack consists of a Giant Loop Bag which we carry in our store. Not sure on the mapping, we do sell the SAR plugins that change the timing. You can add a JD or better yet a powercommander and remap. I think the mapping is pretty good stock, but it needs a boost on initial acceleration.
  20. Chums Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I'd like to discontinue my account
    Followed in your footsteps, thanks for the info by the way and hope your back on the bike soon!

Bike was at .58 when I checked and adjusted to .61 to test. Bike fired instantly cold but will get a good test ride this Saturday! Have the Aussie fuel map and map switch so it will be interesting to see if there is any difference.
    I did have my first flame out the other day but think my Rekluse needs adjusting.