1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Installing Mikuni TM series carb on '82 430

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Leftcoast leftkicker, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Leftcoast leftkicker Husqvarna
    AA Class

OK, this AHRMA-legal carb bolts on but BEWARE the float bowl is different from the VM (round slide) in that it has an overflow/vent boss with tube that blocks the 3" stepped/raised clutch arm that many of us run. I think the fix (because you can't swap float bowls) is to run the old-style flat arm. Will mount one up & let you know if there's play.
  2. bultokid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '84 250/500 '87 250/430 '18TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Bultaco, Fantic
    Lefty will AHRMA now let the TM in classes below Ultima ? They gigged me few years back with one on a 490 Maico in GP class. Locally we run them and no one cares, why AHRMA doesn't let you use a carb that makes the bies run better, start better and thus more fun for all ( which is the whole point of vintage racing ) is beyond me. I can see suspension limits but carbs ?
  3. Leftcoast leftkicker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Who knows? Out here they're kind of vintage only (NorCal & PNW). Running Ultima class no worries.
  4. Leftcoast leftkicker Husqvarna
    AA Class

OK so the fix is to run the stock or lengthened FLAT clutch pull arm or really flatten out the stepped version. Pull is changed as is the throw out clutch play but it clears the bottom of the TM float bowl.

Will test jetting Sat & race Sunday.
  5. Husq.fleet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Smiling or grumbling with new carb?
  6. Leftcoast leftkicker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Not sure, seized in 1st moto. It came set up w/410 main, 40 pilot, 4.0 slide, clip in #3, Q-8 needle jet, mid range needle (can't remember it now). Rode like a total weenie, clutch was all out and pipe rubbed on underside tank, then cracked. :(
  7. highdez1981430cr Husqvarna
    AA Class

The above weenie statment is not true, i was there.

I even have pics to prove it.

Leftcoast is so fast he acts like he is turning his gas on just to give the pack get a bike or two lead then hunts them down like they were terrorist.
  8. Leftcoast leftkicker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sorry but a TOTAL WENNIE!