1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Installing a new speedometer/computer

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Meister, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Meister Husqvarna
    C Class

I decided that the stock pedal bike speedometer on my '07 WR125 wasn't cutting it anymore so I ordered an Acewell 3200.

Here it is in the box...
    [IMG]

...and inside the box
    [IMG]

The temperature sensor that it came with seems too big for my radiator hoses.
    [IMG]
    Here is the stock setup
    [IMG]
    I liked the position of the old mounting bracket so I used that as the platform for the Acewell
    [IMG]
    I then proceeded to make a custom mounting bracket to attach the Acewell to the old bracket
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Cutting the bracket in the fab shop...
    [IMG]

Finished product bolted to the Acewell...
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

The stock speedometer sensor worked just fine so I simply cut the wires off from the old speedometer and used some crimp on connections to go to the new computer. Shrink tubing will go over these connections later.
    [IMG]

Now to power the new unit I had a few options.
    -Install some kind of rectifier to convert Alternating Current to
    Direct Current and power the computer off the stator

-Add a small battery with a switch to turn it on and off at will

I chose to use a battery for simplicity and so that it coulb be turned on while the engine was off. A 9V battery is supposed to power the computer for 24 hours.

Here is my ugly custom mounting bracket
    [IMG]

I got the 9V battery connector (along with 20 others that I will never use) and a switch from radioshack. I soldered the wires onto the switch and hooked it up to the wires from the Acewell:thumbsup:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    The tachometer hooks up with one yellow wire supplied with the kit. I ran it down to the spark plug wire and wrapped it around about six times (picks up signal by electromagnetic induction).

I like the larger display much better and the blue backlighting is very nice when it is darker out. The unit has two trip meters, an odometer, tachometer, clock, and temperature readouts. It also has some other features such as max rpm's, warning for high temp and high rpm... http://www.electrosport.com/dirt-bike/speedometers-series-3200.php

Electrosport no longer has a sale on these, so they are a little expensive.
  2. rajobigguy Administrator

Nice set up. :thumbsup: I think that most people would agree that the stock computer is neither friendly to use nor particularly reliable.:cheers: