1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Indicator flasher gremlins (511)

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Caiman, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Caiman Senior Vice Procrastinator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM SM500R
    I noticed the blinkers on my 511 stopped working the other day, I found a spare flasher relay in a box of bits I have lying around (off an SMR 449). Swapped the flasher over and gave it a test (worked ok), put the bike away for the night.

Now when I got the bike out this morning and started it up, rode to the end of the driveway and flicked the blinkers.... nothing :( The 10A fuse is still in tact, speedo works, horn, headlight (+HBeam) are working fine, bike runs fine otherwise (did my usual 100km weekend loop).

Any ideas on how to see if the flasher is still good or alternatively any other wiring/electrical things I should check? I've ordered a couple of parts from Sicass and added a flasher to that order, just hoping it's shoddy flashers and not something more serious :P
  2. Caiman Senior Vice Procrastinator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM SM500R
    Well there's my problem....

[IMG]

Time to find a spade terminal that'll fit that connector, if not off with it's head.... and on with generic spade connectors.
    Tinken and danny318 like this.
  3. rumman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Harley 2000 FLSTC
    blinkers just failed on my 449, where exactly is the connection that failed on yours ?
  4. Caiman Senior Vice Procrastinator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM SM500R
    Where the flasher relay plugs in.
  5. djdougiedoug Husqvarna
    A Class

Mine broke at exactly the same place. Bodged mine with a small nail and some electrical tape
  6. Caiman Senior Vice Procrastinator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM SM500R
    I bought 100 spade terminals off ebay for $4, should be right for a while now...
  7. Brian KKime Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 450 EXC, Street Glide
    Wheres the flasher relay.....under the seat......???
  8. Caiman Senior Vice Procrastinator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM SM500R
    Behind the headlight.
  9. Andy519 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 530exc, Ducati HM 939SP
    Recently bought a 2012 te 449 that had the indicators taken off. I need them back on for the safety. I’m not getting power to any of the indicators. I saw a post showing a broken connector with wires like in my pic (the green and blue). This was cut off and bare behind the light. 12V on the green. Is this needed for the indicator circuit? I can see any other connectors not being used that would mate with those two wires if they were on a connector.

Attached Files:

10. Andy519 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 530exc, Ducati HM 939SP
    Well I just went for it and twisted that pair together. And we have indicators! But not flashing, they stay on solid. Does this mean I need a flasher suites for led’s? And just to confirm, the black component in my pic is the flasher relay, right?
  11. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hi Andy, did you ever resolve this ???