1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC I'm back on a husky!

Discussion in '2st' started by BikePilot, Jun 4, 2019.

1. BikePilot Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2019 TX 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CR250R, Montesa 315R, XR650R..
    Hi all, I raced a '95 WXC 250 in the 1990s and am back on a Husky now having just purchased a 2019 TX 300! In a fit of nostalgia, I'd love to fit a yellow rear fender like the WXC had. Anyone know of one that would match the yellow of the fork guards and graphics? I'm also thinking about swapping out for flow yellow which would be closer to the 1990s yellow.

I'll primarily be riding trails in Colorado and UT. I will likely play around on practice days at Thunder Valley and probably run a handful of enduros. I expect to keep it mostly stock from a performance perspective and am working on adding stuff to make it durable for our rocky, technical trails and to compensate for altitude (jetting and compression). So far I've accessorized with the following (some yet to be installed):

Cycra handguards
    JD jetting kit
    P3 skid plate
    p3 pipe guard
    Eline carbon fork wraps
    EE linkage guard
    EE spark arrestor end cap
    Acerbis frame grip guards
    KTM swingarm guard
    EE slave guard
    Brake and shift lever snakes
    KTM Parts fan kit
    TM chain guide
    Scott's sub mount and damper

Planned but not done:
    High compression head
    Larger fuel tank
    Tubliss inserts when I wear these tires out also.
    Head light and tail light
    Exhaust flange guard
    One rate stiffer shock spring to suit my 180lbs of mass

Here's a pic from when I snagged the bike last weekend!
    [IMG]
    jimmyc likes this.
  2. ptkatoomer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2020 ktm 300 xc-w, 2020 ktm 500exc
    Congrats on the new ride! I've got a '17 Ktm 300XC which is quite similar to your bike. I'll be curious to see what you end up with for jetting. Once a year I visit my son in Pine, up the hill from Denver. We take a day to go riding and I never did get the jetting right. I weigh the same as you, and it's hard to imagine you'd like a stiffer rear spring, especially in the technical rocky stuff. The X suspension is set up stiffer then the W models.
  3. BikePilot Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2019 TX 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Awesome thanks! I'll post up what I end up doing for jetting. Right now I've got the JD kit in it with the red needle (way fatter physically than the stock needle) at #3, 400 main, and 30 pilot. AS about 2.5 out. I've only putted around the yard at my house (7,400') and not sure yet how close I am. I'll likely hit Rampart this weekend and get a better read on jetting. Thanks for the info on the spring. The Husky and race tech charts say I need a stiffer one, but I haven't even set sag yet so I'll do that and go for a ride before I order one. One of my riding buddies is on a '18 300XC and he runs a lectron carb at their recommended settings and an S3 high compression head and loves it. My last bike, a CR250R, had the same carb and it's pretty dialed in, but a key part was a high compression head, it never ran clean at altitude before that no matter how much I messed with the jetting. I suspect the same will be true of most two strokes.
    ptkatoomer likes this.
  4. BikePilot Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2019 TX 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    As a PSA I discovered today that the EE linkage guard doesn't fit up with the P3 skid plate. Sending both back and just ordered an AXP instead.
  5. BikePilot Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2019 TX 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Anyone have pictures or info on big tanks for a '19 TX?
  6. BikePilot Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2019 TX 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    I've had a couple of great rides on the bike and up to 9 hours now. Jetting is good but not perfect so I'll fiddle with that a bit (ordered a jd jet block gasket kit and will try that next). Also still have some fiddling to do to dial in the suspension and get my steering damper installed. Loving the bike!

[IMG]