1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC If you need a large-capacity tank for 2016 TE300...

Discussion in '2st' started by Sladep, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Sladep Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1982 XC430, 2016 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    KDX220R (2000&2004),08 Honda GL1800
    Just letting you know that Acerbis' 4.1 gal. tank for the 2015 KTM XC300 fits my 2016 Husky TE300, with radiator guards and a Trail Tech radiator fan kit installed perfectly, with no seat mods or other adaptations. Hope this helps.
    bicyclephil, McKay and robertaccio like this.
  2. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
  3. NH-JP 2nd Fastest Old, Slow Guy!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    1988 Honda Hurricane,
    Here is my 2015 TE 250 with it on it. You do have to trim the very front nose of the seat pan.
    So I bought another seat at the same time and just pulled the front staples on the cover, and used a set of snips to trim it back. NBD. But I did not want to do that to my stock seat.
    So easy to switch back and forth between stock and the 4.1. It is 2 bolts to remove the seat, 2 for the radiator shrouds (keep attached to stock tank), 1 bolt for the tank, and pop the fuel line. 7 minutes on the switch out.
    I will say that I do not really like the acerbis fuel petcock. Better to get a stock one and use that. The acerbis version sticks out a little too far and is therefore more exposed just in case one of you fine riders happens to go down on that side. Not that it would ever really happen.....
    With the 4.1 on, and running Amsoil Sabre at 80:1 in typical New England riding, I can sneak out 120+ miles on a tank. Would not be that high if I was running single track all day.
    The tank feels a little more bulky than stock, but not as bad as I was expecting. You do notice the fuel weight a bit, but again, not as bad as I thought it would be.

IMG_3193.jpg IMG_3208.jpg
    rockdancer likes this.
  4. Sladep Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1982 XC430, 2016 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Was going to post pics for Rockdancer, but NH-JP already got it covered. Thanks NH-JP! Just got back from my first ride with the tank. Agree that it is bigger and slightly in the way, but no more so than other bikes I have large tanks on. You can't have it both ways.... Slim profile = not enough range. After a little while, the profile seems normal. Would rather ride a slightly pudgy bike than push a thin one... Having just re-set my floats to where I don't think I'm having any overflow while running, but with my jetting still slightly rich, it looks like I'm getting about 28 mpg on fast singletrack. So, with this 4.1 tank, that gives me about 120 miles range. Could definitely be farther by staying out of the powervalve constantly and jetting leaner. Regarding tank fit, I didn't have any problems getting the seat to fit onto the mounting screw on the tank. It takes some persuasion, and I backed the screw out a turn or so to give a little more clearance, but no mods required for me anyway. I really like not having to worry about "will I have enough gas to make it/how far is this ride going to be/can I go as far as my buds on their 4-strokes want to go/do I have enough gas to haul ass all the ride?". Nothing spoils a ride more than having to ride it like an econ-ride, except pushing it out of the mountains!
    LandofMotards likes this.
  5. rdalley Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 TE300
    Sladep,
    Curious what you jetting is to get your current mileage. Im still trying to get my '16 jetted right for my 5500" elevation.
  6. NH-JP 2nd Fastest Old, Slow Guy!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    1988 Honda Hurricane,
    I have been on TE/TXC 310's for the past few years, and generally a 4 stroke guy. Making the change to 2 stroke, range and sound were my biggest concerns.
    I just bit the bullet on the tank and seat right away to put that aside, and the FMF quiet pipe helped with the noise.
    These modern 2 strokes are pretty amazing. Electric start, pretty quiet, not a ton of ping ping ping, and next to no smoke coming out of the pipe.
    I might be converted. Still miss my engine braking though!:eek:
    Sladep likes this.
  7. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Engine braking wears me out on long rides, especially when standing. A 2 stroke is definitely less fatiguing for me. I love them both though.
    NH-JP likes this.
  8. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    additional FYI , with my addition of the IMS 3.1 tank I just never added the front seat alignment/plug in screw. With the 2 hard mount screws in the rear section along with the slip in under the tank "forks" under the front, the screw alignment/clip/slip in set up on the tank is good but not 100% needed.
    After a bunch of rides and races the seat never moves around anyway. Also local 40A rider/racer Café inmate Nate is set up the same way with no issues, I was worried but he told his is set up with no tank screw so I went with the no worry on that atttitude.
    Sladep likes this.
  9. Sladep Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1982 XC430, 2016 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:

RDalley, sorry to be so slow in getting back to you - have been very busy. I live at 5,800' altitude and for riding at 6,500'+ I am using Slavens Mountain Jetting Kit. It uses a 38 pilot jet, different needle and I'm running position #2, and a 150 main jet. It is running superbly, nice and crisp and really barks - instant throttle response anytime/anywhere. Couldn't be happier. My pre-mix is Yamalube 2R @50:1 on Shell premium gas. Before I installed Slavens' kit, I was running a 36 pilot, the N4G needle on position #2, and a 158 main. It was too rich in mid-range and on top, especially at much higher altitudes, from 7,500-13,000'. For your altitude, I think you could run his kit, but run the clip in position #4 to start, and run a 154 or 156 main, to be safe. Let us know what you do and how it works.
  10. Sladep Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1982 XC430, 2016 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    RDAlley, I need to correct a mistake in my reply to you. The Slavens Mountain Jet Kit uses a 40 Pilot Jet, which is what I am using, not a 38. I was using a 38 when I was running my own jetting. The 40 is just right for the 6,500'-9,800' I have been using it at so far.
  11. Sladep Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1982 XC430, 2016 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:

Thanks for that info. I was tempted to go without it, as it's not easy to get the seat tab mounted into the screw that fits on the tank, and my seat holes from the factory don't align real well with the holes in the plastic fender parts their nuts are embedded in.
  12. rdalley Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 TE300

Didn't mean to hi-jack your thread, sorry. I'm currently running the 35 pilot, NECJ needle position 2 and a 170 main. The bike runs great 1/4 throttle and up but just doesn't have the grunt down low. The more i research it seems they like a fatter pilot? Ill try a 38 or even a 40 now that its colder and see how that works. 5500' elevation, 50:1 mix.
  13. Sladep Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1982 XC430, 2016 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:

rdalley, yep, I think that fatter pilot is what it needs. I ran it with the jetting I mentioned above this past w/e at 7,500-9,800' altitude and 65f, air screw about 2 turns out. Ran amazingly. Good grunt down low, very good throttle response. I also think Slavens' needle from his mountain jetting kit really helps, at least at 6,500 and above.
  14. rdalley Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 TE300
    Sladep, I thought i would update you on my jetting. I changed to the 40 pilot and a 155 main with the NECJ needle. 50:1 mix. Ilive at 5200' and usually ride here or higher so thats what im trying to jet for. I went to Moab last weekend with this setup, which i think is around 4200-4500 where we were in the White Wash sand dunes. The bike ran great, at any throttle opening. Here is a pic of my plug. I think dropping down in elevation it might have been a touch lean but I am happy with it.

Attached Files:

15. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    155?do you mean 165?
  16. rdalley Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 TE300
    No its a 155. Sladep is running a 150 on Slavens Mountain Kit. Im at 5200' and it runs great. This plug picture was from this weekend at Moab which is a little lower elevation, the bike ran awesome . So Im thinking my jetting should be spot on for my home elevation and up from there.
  17. bicyclephil Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 450 XCF

This is the precise scenario that I want for my 2016 TE 300 is to run the 4.1 gal Acerbis tank.

Regarding fitment my TE 300(with stock/oem tank) has Myler radiators with radiator guards and a trail tech fan. This set up had no fitment issues.

I'm hoping that the mylers do not present a fitment issue with the 4.1 tank.
    Any thoughts regarding the mylers aftermarket radiators working with the 4.1gal tank?

Also did you use the oem petcock?

thanks,
    Phil