Idle screw position

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Joliet, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Joliet Husqvarna
    AA Class

You guys with 2008 huskies where is your idle screw set? I origionally had mine set at 2.5 turns out, that makes it idle too slow (around 1400). With the idle screw adjusted at 2.5 out sometimes when riding technical stuff, I will let off the throttle and it will die.

When I turn the throttle in until it idles at 1600 rpm I am only 1/4 turn out from the bottom? It still idles like crap until fully warmed up, but then runs OK. This is my first fuel injected bike but with my carb experience, if the idle screw is turned in all the way there is a problem.

I would appreciate your thoughts and experiences. Thanks, Ken
  2. Huskinator Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,TE510,TE450,TXC450,WR165,TE511
    We need more info on your set up. Do you have the power up kit installed? Is it still in the break in period. Has it been tuned with iBeat yet?
  3. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

2.5 Turns out, TPS set with I Beat idle set at that time. Later George
  4. Joliet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Bought it new, before the dealer had IBeat. They installed the power up kit 1000 miles ago. Runs good but has never idled properly. I don't know how much they will charge me to do the settings with IBeat since it is about a month out of warranty. What do most dealers charge to adjust the Ibeat settings?

Also I just ordered a Power Commander from FBF today. Do I need to get the Ibeat settings correct before I install the Power Commander or will I be able to set the TPS with the Power Commander instead of with the IBeat?

Thanks, Ken
  5. Joliet Husqvarna
    AA Class

George, thanks for your help on the phone today. I couldn't find a Timesert locally so I picked up a Recoil which is about the same thing that was in it from the factory, but it is on the road again.

For everyones information, today I was changing my oil and took off the plate covering the rear small screen on the left side of my bike. When I went back to install it I noticed a coil hanging out of the threaded hole. It looks like both holes have inserts from the facory installed in them. Just something to keep an eye on. Ken
  6. Huskinator Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,TE510,TE450,TXC450,WR165,TE511
    Hey Ken, like George said you need to set the TPS settings in the ECU and do the lambda feedback adjustment with iBeat first. Then if you want more control install the PC.