ICE WARNING LIGHT ON DASH 650 Terra

Discussion in 'TR650' started by DIRK, Apr 20, 2017.

1. DIRK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    R1200C
    Ice warning light stays on 13 TR650 Terra. Any ideas where to start?
  2. James Rideout Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Rm250, DR650
    Not sure what the weather conditions are like where you live, but I had a similar issue for a bit.

The "Ice Condition light" is direction connected to your Air Temp sensor circuit in the Airbox.

Do you have a Booster Plug or Eruption or another kind of spoofer installed?

Usually the light (snow flake symbol) comes on at 3 Degrees Celsius, with no spoofer installed. The Spoofer tricks your Air Temp sensor that it is cooler out then it actually is (12 Degress Celsius lower I think) to allow your bike to run richer.

So with some simple math if its 3 Deg outside and you have a booster installed your dash will read -9 Deg. So basically until the Ambient Air temperature gets above 15 Degrees Celsius your dash will show the snow flake symbol, that is if you have a spoofer installed.

If your stock like I am now and its warmer outside than 3 Deg and you still have the symbol on your dash id look at changing out your air temp sensor. They are cheap to buy.
  3. CarstenB Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    you could toggle through to the ambient temperature reading (TEMP) on your dash with the S button to see if it matches the true temperature. It should read less than 3C if the snow flake is on. Could indeed be a spoofer that lowers the ambient temperature reading 20-30C to make the fueling richer.
  4. 1650bullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

If you have fitted a Booster plug or any kind Spoofer the Snow Flake will appear on the screen. Don't worry about it. What those Spoofers do is trick the ECU and tell it that things are cold outside and you should enrichen everything. I have a Booster plug on my Terra 650 and the snowflake always shows up.
  5. Rapid Dog Husqvarna
    AA Class

Same here
    Installed a Wuka plug last week
    Ice indicator is on
    No worries