1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

I really, really, really, really LOVE my TE 250!

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by krieg, Aug 25, 2008.

1. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Just passed the 10 hour mark. 100 miles.

This bike is everything I've dreamed of in a modern enduro/trail bike. It runs right from the crate (no futzing with jetting). The handling is predictable, the power is predictable, the suspension is spot-on for a 185 lb fat ass old man.

I LOVE this bike :D:D:D:D:D

My 250 XCF-W is for sale.
  2. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Cool! It really is a no brainer! Orange Kool-Aid drinkers will scoop up your KTM and scratch their heads at your supposed malady. Little do they know!:rolleyes:
    Norman
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    we all love your TE250 as well
  4. skid plate Husqvarna

your definitely right about the TE250 best bike i
    have ever had.
    i also have a 08 TE 510 and when i get on it it seem all
    business and stay focused but when i get on my TE250
    its grinning from ear to ear and just having lots of fun
    we love our TE250s!
    S.
  5. mrkartoom Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE610, 15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Beta Rev
    I need to ride me one of them little TE250's and see what all the fuss is about. I've never ridden anything but big 4-strokes and I have a couple KTM's now. Other than what you mention (power, handling, suspension) why do you like it so much better than the katoom? I thought they were good in those areas, too.

I assume it didn't come with the ultra-harsh, non-compliant zokes my new 610 did.
  6. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I'll go with this - 450/510s are fantastic, 250s are a different kind of fun. Lighter, 'flickable', goes where you tell it.... more bigger grin factor to me.

I love my TE250 as well.

But I'll take the 450 or 510 for road use... light and flickable is not a good thing on the freeway when trucks are around.
  7. skid plate Husqvarna

your absolutely right coffee for road riding my 510
    works the best and big open areas tons of fun with
    unbelievable power.
    my play ground is mostly tight woods and nothing
    i have rode compares to the fun i have with my TE250
    i have still not found anything i havent been able to
    accomplish on the trail with my TE250.
    i have found that on my TE510 i can do anything also
    but for some reason i work harder at it GO Figure!

i love both bikes but for me playtime is with the TE250
    i like the word "fleickable" i havent used that word to
    explain the feeling on the TE250 but thats a big part of it
    for me also along with smooth throttle control it seem to
    put you right were you want to be alway.

Ride safe, Ride Fast!
    S.
  8. SwitchThrottle Husqvarna
    A Class

What are the HP and torque specs on the te250, and how are they in real life? I really dig the 250, but am worried about how it will stack up to the XR400. The TE is miles ahead of the XR in tech, and is about 40lbs lighter, but also gives up alot in displacement.

I ask, because this last weekend we did a 75+ mile dualsport ride of which 90% was trails, and of that 90%, the vast majority seemed to be rocky inclines and declines (20-40 degrees that ran anywhere from 20 yards to 300 yards). In the tight woods, the XR feels tall and heavy at times. In the rocks, it is just awesome (like a billygoat). On the road, it will cruise a comfy 50-60mph.

I want all that in a lighter bike with a wuss button. Will the TE250 do that or should I hold out for the 310?
  9. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
  10. SwitchThrottle Husqvarna
    A Class

So same HP as the XR, but 30lb/ft less torque. That is a big drop (no replacement for displacement). I know tight woods the TE will be alot more forgiving, but what about climbing those rocks? How do they do? Obviously 1st/2nd gear, lugging is out of the question, and I hate using the clutch on a climb. Anyone seen 310 specs yet?
  11. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    These graphs are for 2006 Husky btw.

I'm not sure I believe the torque on that graph for a TE250 - 17/18 ft lbs of torque?

The TE450 shows 31 ft.lbs maybe? TE510 has 35 ft.lbs (ish).

Are you saying an xr400 has 47 ft.lbs of torque?
  12. SwitchThrottle Husqvarna
    A Class

I didn't believe my eyes either. I have seen it posted a number of times. I have only seen lower numbers posted a couple times. Here is a dyno I found with a quick search.

http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs/1997-honda-xr400r-vs-1997-kawasaki-klx300r-3334.html

Even if the messed up and it is in Nm, that is still 34ft/lbs. Very impressive

Edit: Now I am unsure. Another site said 3.4 kg-m which equated out to 24.6 ft-lb. If that is true, then the TE is looking better by the moment.
  13. CKPC Husqvarna
    AA Class

I rode an XR400 for a sev. years and loved the bike. I did every mod-pumper carb,suspension, and lots of goodies. I still miss it but then I jumped on the 510 and with nothing done to it at all it was everything the I wanted the XR to be. Now in my 40's and after having sev. pretty good injuries I am seriously thinking about the 250 or 310. I traded bikes with Coffee once and totally enjoyed the 250. True it did not have the power of the 510 or the low end grunt of the XR but I felt like I could do whatever I wanted on it and I don't believe after a long ride I'd be anywhere near as worn out as I feel after rides now. Most of my riding is technical slow speed stuff with almost no street riding..I think with the suspension set up for me the 310 is in my future!!!
  14. SwitchThrottle Husqvarna
    A Class

Thanks CKPC. That is the type of info/real world experience I was looking for. I don't expect many bikes to match the tractor like torque of the XR and still be under 300lbs, but a fair comparison is all I was after. I really love my XR, but really want a lighter bike.

The SM450 has made me a believer. I want another Husky! :D
  15. mrkartoom Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE610, 15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Beta Rev
    A similar comparison can be made about the KTM 400EXC's, which have enjoyed much popularity with the northeast crowd. They do not have the grunt factor of the 450's or the 530's, but the smooth/no-surprises power delivery of that motor was much less tiring in the rough stuff. I imagine the TE250 (and especially the 310) find similar favor. I think KTM is bringing back the 400, but I'm not certain it's the same motor. Not many knew it, but Mike Lafferty liked it so much he ran the 400 in part of the GNCC series with 450 graphics on it.
  16. Dan M Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    11 R1200GS 07 TuonoR 02 V11 LeMans
  17. BentAero Husqvarna
    A Class

Switchthrottle: Your sig doesn't have your location, but if you are anywhere near western North Carolina, we can go ride some rocks and you can try out my TE250.

Though I drool over the new TE310, purchase of one is likely out of my budget. I'd rather spend the money to go on great rides.

I do have a Rekluse Pro on the way for when I get in to the extremely gnarly stuff and I'm already exhausted.

Krieg: The more you ride it, the more you'll love it. 50 hours/1400 miles on mine... To date, not a single part failure that wasn't my fault.
  18. SwitchThrottle Husqvarna
    A Class

Thanks, BentAreo....forgot about the details stuff. I am in CT, so NC is a bit of a haul. I do appreciate the invite though. I think I am gonna have to wait and see what the 310 is all about. The TE sounds awesome, and I sat on one while waiting for my SM450 to get prepped (god I love my bike), and it was real light. If the 310 is a 250 with more go, it may be just the ticket. Now if I can only get the finances in order (c'mon lotto, c'mon :D).
  19. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    I'm hoping beyond hope that the BMW buyout will mean that a Husky dealer will spring-up in Charlotte, NC. Specifically at the BMW dealer less than 3 miles from my house.

I'm so impressed with this TE250, I would ditch my son's 2 KTM racing bikes (144 SX and 250 SXF) and get him into Huskies for sure!

Right now, the nearest Husky dealer is a 2 hour drive. I can deal with that on my own trail rider... but for a weekly racer... I prefer my dealer to be within a 30 minute drive.
  20. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    That is exactly how Kelly's TC250/310 was compared to my TE250.... of course the new factory TE310 may be different. dunno...