1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc I Finally Rejetted my Husky 125

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by ajaxauto, May 17, 2009.

1. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Well after 2 years of reading all the jetting threads and the that fact i was going to race up to about 7 thousand feet in Utha Plus every one at the races was telling me to i finally open up the carb and took a look.
    Remember i have been racing from below sea level near Mexico to over 7 thousand feet in Utha all with stock settings.Hear is what we did changed the stock 400 main to a 390 and moved the clip up one.
    First test ride bike ran bad super flat spot in the middle .Keeped changing stuff and everything we did was not helping.As it was getting close to start time i was about to give up and ride my old 2006 bike i had brought along as a parts bike.Then we tryed one more thing
    but it all back to stock except keep the 390 main put the clip back in the middle and turn the air screw back to 1 1/2 out.Well that was the ticket it ran so good .That small change along with the 13/52 gearing made the bike fly.On loop 1 of the Utha national i got it pinned in 6th and on loop 2 which was 52 miles of single track in the trees i was able to make some turns 1 gear higher.Most of loop2 was first ,second or thrid gear .Even up at the top of the mountains it ran fine i guest i am lucky as this little 125 has never let me down and needs just a few little changes no matter where i ride it .
  2. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125

Once I had mine dialed in...it runs good everywhere too...these bikes seem to be very sensitive on the needle....

Though I dont get near sea level.....its run quite well all the way up to 7000ft

Curious John....when your at an event..in a hurry....what the fastest way to get to the workings of the carb???....weasle it past the air boots...or pivot the subframe up????
  3. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Just pull the air box boot back and take the complet carb out the side .The Husky 125 is just plan simple to work on but seems you never need to
  4. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    I pull my carbs through the side (pulling the boot back) on both my CR 125 and WR 300. They both pop out without much effort and are easily disassembled for jetting from that position.

Ajax, I've also noticed that my CR 125 likes the needle in the stock position. Initially, when we went from 50-60 degrees F to 80-90 degrees at 500 feet, I tried the following on both my bikes:

Pilots: from 35 to 32.5
    Mains: from 460 to 450
    Needle: raised the clip one notch (lowered the needle a notch leaner)

Based on experimentation, here's what I ended up with:

Pilots (both bikes): 30
    Mains (both bikes): 450
    Needle Cr 125: Stock position (3rd clip)
    Needle WR 300: Raised the clip one notch (one notch leaner)

I couldn't be happier with these settings. Both bikes run like scalded dogs and the plugs are a golden chestnut brown with no exhaust spooge.
  5. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    good to hear you got them dialed....what brand oil and ratio....did you try different brackets at the cyl head ????

for jetting 06-08 CRs are a different kettle of fish altogether...different version of TMX

for eg.. 27.5 pilot 400 main and needle clip 4th from top
  6. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    I'm waiting for the "upgrade" motor mounts on order from my dealer. I've already been through 2 of the old style brackets that cracked. I'm running Motorex synthetic 2T at 32:1 with good results.