1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

HVA-Factory WR300 Extra Special!

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by hva-factory, Mar 29, 2013.

1. hva-factory CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna 510TE , 300WR Etc...
    Here is one of the latest projects! Some of you may know I have been riding a 300cc stroked WR240 for a year or two now, but I am building a 3rd one to test our new Aluminium cylinder liners. I will have 5 special barrels ready to accept some of these next week. They will then go off for porting and Nakasil plating. I am working on producing a batch of special crank flywheels that might end up a stock item too...
    The front forks are some of our modified units with the last of the Evo internals - modified. Way better than any gold valve, as all the damping is done at the very bottom of the fork. This means you always get damping - unlike the ones with the valve on the top of the damper, where often there is on oil to go through the valve!!!
    Robin Packham at Falcon Shocks is building me some Adjustable shocks that will become a product.
    Electrex will be supplying the sparks which we will again be stocking soon.....AndyElliott.
    hva3001.JPG

The bike in the background is the WR400l/c 1984 that is going to feature in 4 issues of the Classic Dirt Bike magazine...
    Nordic, 454x, fix and 5 others like this.
  2. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    :eek:...wow dont quite do it....and how much to ship one to me in SoCal!!! god that's nice....
  3. hva-factory CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Michel Dufayard likes this.
  4. hva-factory CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Make way Con Rod coming through!!! hva3003.JPG
    Michel Dufayard and pvduke like this.
  5. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    WANT.

*....fumbling with phone, trying to call credit union....*

forgive for asking....are there any brake mods/upgrades you do to these hot rods?
  6. hva-factory CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    By the way, my offer still stands that anyone (one rider) willing to travel to the UK from far afield in September for the 'Hot Trod', which is our best big Vintage Enduro (and is in the Noth of England) - will have the loan of one of these bikes for the entire weekend!!!
    Fly into Edinborough and I will pick you up and look after you for the weekend.
    All I ask, is that you enjoy yourself - riding a hare scramble on the Saturday and the Enduro on the Sunday.
    See www.vindurouk.com for event details...

Andy Elliott.
    ray_ray and NYCMX like this.
  7. Michel Dufayard Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hi Andy
    Can you remind us the bore and stroke differences with 240/250 ?
    Thanks
    Michel
  8. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Andy,

Down the road I will need a 500 ignition as well as couple more.

Probably one for a 82 125 and 79 390?
  9. hva-factory CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    10 mm more stroke than the 250 Michel and a 70mm bore. The key is the correct crank mass and balance and a compression change though....

Oh yes a new carb. and a change of jetting too.

Andy.
  10. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Too cool. :thumbsup: I'm watching this one.
  11. hva-factory CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Oh yes, I forgot to say I just pressed one of these liners into a 84 L/C Cylinder for a liquid cooled 300 twinshock that will be under test!

Andy.
    pvduke likes this.
  12. Michel Dufayard Husqvarna
    Pro Class

OK ! And why didn't you choose a standard stroke with a bigger piston ?
  13. Kartwheel68 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 125XC, 250XC, 430XC, 430WR, 250CR
    Other Motorcycles:
    83 175WR , 76 250WR, 74 250 Mag
    Hmmm....Edinburgh...I have some extra vacation time, I wonder what I'd cost for me to get over there...
  14. dirtaddict23 Husqvarna
    AA Class

If this offer still stands, I'm totally willing and able to come. Can reciprocate, like maybe some high country riding in the Rockies, or Moab?
  15. Bengt Husky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Dirtaddict23 - Message from Andy Elliott (HVA Factory) - His offer of the ride still stands. He can't get access to the Cafe Husky site at the moment and asked me to pass on his e-mail address for you to contact him direct.

it's: info@hva-factory.com

Cheers,

Steve
  16. dirtaddict23 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thx.....sent him an e-mail.
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Man, what a cool trip that would be. Would love to do that but can't swing it. :cry:
  18. hva-factory CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I'm back!

Thanks for all the interest in coming to the UK! I have accepted an offer, so, sorry to the others!

Anyway, here is a pic of the Alloy liners for the 300's...
    Andy Alloy Liners.JPG
    Svenskbike, RUF, fix and 3 others like this.
  19. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    Fabulous work. any details on the forks?
  20. hva-factory CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    The Forks:

Take a set of Evo sliders and mill off the disc lugs. Alloy weld up what is left of the holes from the disc lugs and machine back to make them disappear. Powder coat white and they look like the 83 / 84 bottoms. Take a set of damper rods from an 88 Enduro bike and fit them together with new seals and bushes. Fit some hva-factory Titanium bottom fork washers (they have an 'O' ring groove to seal the bottom and don't crack when you tighten the damper rod) Make sure the forks are compressed when you do up the damper rod - You will need a special socket to stop the damper rotating... Fill with 5w oil to 220mm air gap compressed with the spring out. Fit some springs and you are there. I will do a damper upgrade in the near future. One of the advantages of the evo fork is that they use a topping out spring - so no more 'clunk' when the top out washers are not under oil or not flat! The main advantage is that the damping is conducted at the bottom of the fork...
    There are upgrade parts for the damping internals that I may make if the demand is there.

The Cylinder:

There are 3 variants of the aircooled 250 primary kick cylinder. Most are missing 2 x extra induction ports at the gasket face on the inlet side and 2 x extra exhaust sub ports. You can add both of these with some careful machining work if you like. The 300 Liner is also 5mm taller. This is for the extra stroke.

Andy Elliott.
    idefix, RUF and ray_ray like this.