1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Husqvarna WRE 125 First Ride

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Ryanpetrolhead, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Ryanpetrolhead Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna WRE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gilera RCR 50, Aprilia RS 50
    Hi all,
    On Friday I started riding my WRE and here's the footage of my ride
    Daniel B, Idacurt and Dirtdame like this.
  2. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    would have rather heard the bike and ambient sounds than loud music...but glad you are liking the hoosky
  3. Ryanpetrolhead Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna WRE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks, unfortunately the battery died on my Zoom H2n half way through so then the music was needed to cover up the wind noise. I'll take another video and use only the bike noise, but need a new battery first
  4. gazmcfaza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    , yamaha xt 125
    from another uk'er, who spent 9 years riding my wre with those damn horrible l plates, go do your a1 test asap so you can take them off! It's really easy, just do theory, mod one and two on the husky, cost £125 total. Also keep an eye on your oil pump, they do fail sometimes. Aside from that, lovely bike, enjoy it!
  5. Ryanpetrolhead Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna WRE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks for the advice, I took my theory last year with intention to do my AM which never happened due to GCSE exams and my accident. I've already booked my A1 test though! :)
  6. gazmcfaza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    , yamaha xt 125
    excellent news. Still sucks though, I think we should only have to do one test then be allowed to ride anything, car drivers can, why can't we?
  7. Ryanpetrolhead Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna WRE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yeah exactly and it's even worse on the new system as the license doesn't even upgrade after 2 years without taking another test
  8. gazmcfaza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    , yamaha xt 125
    that's why I went from a moped at 16, did five cbt's until I was 25, had l plates all that time but didn't want to pay 600 quid to a grand to get my full licence, bloody con from the EU! if you did an a1, a2 and full test you'd spend at least 1500 quid, not including the cbt
  9. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    Lol, the reason why you can't just do one test then ride a any bike you like is cus 17-20year olds think they're invincible an will kill themselves or worse someone else, if they were on a fartbloods straight after their speed fight 2's
  10. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    lots of punks here in the states have zero dirt experience and go buy 100 horse plus rockets..they wear no gear and everyone boo-hoos when they wad it up.
    shocking right?
    i wish something like you brits was instituted over here. maybe not as strict but some kind of stepped system....would save some lives.
  11. gazmcfaza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    , yamaha xt 125
    true a lot of people probably would kill themselves, but the rule is unfair, you can go pass your test in a fiesta 1 litre then the same day drive a lambo if you've got the money, if say a 17 year old rider passed his test then went straight out on a 1000cc bike and killed himself in a crash, well that would be his own fault for choosing something he couldn't handle, the rest of us shouldn't have to be bossed about for other peoples stupidity. Trust me nintendo, over here lots of people are getting increasingly pissed off with our system, our government didn't bring it in, these posh wankers in the EU did, saying it was to save lives but actually they put a load of instructors out of business, tried to make it illegal for you to change your bike's exhaust or modify it in anyway, they're making ABS mandatory, restricted mopeds to 28 mph instead of 31, it's an assault on biking
  12. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Lol on all fairness if the bike want invented and someone tried to pass it in today's world they would be laughed out of the room. Two wheels no crash protection, no airbags, no stabilisers etc..... and the bike 1000cc vs Lamborghini. You can easily kill yourself in a Lamborghini too...
  13. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Not sure about the UK but here in the US I don't remember asking the government to protect me from myself yet they seem to want to do just that as long as they can also collect a fee.
    ohmygewd likes this.
  14. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ah haha no we didn't sign up for it, but I'm fairly sure your mar an par n all your friends at your funeral may have something too say bout the gsxr being too much bike for you.... that's all hypothetical. I've got full licence so don't care what rules others have to jump through.. just know it's the same for everyone in your country.
  15. gazmcfaza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    , yamaha xt 125
    I always thought america was land of the free, do as you please, I think in any country you should be allowed to ride any machine or vehicle so long as you can afford it and insure it, if you crash and die or need care after, well that's down to your insurers and you because you knew the risk. If you kill someone else, well then you'd be liable for it and go to jail for lack of control of said machine, a bit like now really.
    juicypips likes this.
  16. Ryanpetrolhead Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna WRE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    There was recently a petition to upgrade the A2 license to a full license after 2 years. The governments response to this rejected the idea and one of the main points was that the majority of motorcycle accidents are 16-20 year olds on small capacity machines. Surely they are just contradicting their selves?
  17. gazmcfaza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    , yamaha xt 125
    they are in that sense, but it's not like they've got the power to change the rules anyway, firstly they'd have to ask the european commision if it's ok to debate it, then have a vote against 27 other countries to decide if it's ok to change the laws for the uk, then in all likelihood be denied anyway because the eu hates motorcycles. I don't even believe it when people say motorbikes are dangerous, they really aren't, they're only dangerous if you use the power in the wrong place or you allow people in cars to drive about at the same time, there are far more accidents between cars and bikes caused by bad driving rather than bad riding, that's why it's annoying that the car test is so simple and easy and ours isn't
  18. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    In the former US aka California, it's required to take a motorcycle safety course to get a license 21 and younger. Got mine at 16, but had years of dirt in the books by then.

We also have legal lane splitting, some are careful, some are future organ donors. In some states there are still no helmet laws. It's s risk/reward life so go forth and enjoy. While you guys across the pond have your system at least you can still ride 2 stroke road bikes.
    gazmcfaza likes this.
  19. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    having my self obtained a license for the motorbike that was allowed to drive everything, I think the staged license approach is not a bad idea.

Just being 18 and jump on a hayabussa with 180 Hp and less then 250Kg weight is a increased risk of not getting old.
    this was also noticed by the insurance companies and they have a powerful lobby at the government.

when i was 18 I would have probably the same stance as that you have now yet over the years I can see some logic in this one.

there will be of cause always exceptions that can manage the bigger bikes responsible at a younger age or due to more road experiences.
    the same way that you have still older people that do stupid things or not master the bike due to lack of seat time.

In the end of the story is the chance that a smaller bike will hurt you less then a bigger bike (no guarantees of cause) in the beginning of the driving career where a not familiar situation is by far bigger then when you have experience it is simply a fact.

funny thing for my situation is that the older I get, the smaller bore bike gives me by far more fun in the driving then a big crotch rocket

although I would not mind to ride these machines on a closed circuit (not available where i live (the circuit))

Robert-Jan
    justintendo and juicypips like this.
  20. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Robert-jan having flown over cambodia and seeing its all green forests go chop a hectare down and start a mx track, charge a few beans too have a go.
    Then when money allows put some tarmac down and turn it into sx track charge a little more and in 20-40 years you can tarmac the whole lot and have a track!!! Lol.

You raise a good point re bike sizes.
    R-J van Hulst likes this.