1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc husqvarna wr125 piston??

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by scott-tmk, Dec 14, 2016.

1. scott-tmk Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna wr125
    ordered a new wossner piston for the husky from ebay piston has came and it looks nothing like my piston no oil holes and its for a honda cr125 #8020DB

gonna go ahead and guess i cant use this even though its the correct size?
  2. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    If the deck height is the same and the only difference is the lack of lube holes then drill some in it and throw it in.

Wossner don't do lube holes, I've drilled every single one for the 360.
  3. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

If it is for the Honda it probably has a domed top. That won't work without some machining and I wouldn't go that route.
    scott-tmk likes this.
  4. scott-tmk Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna wr125
    it's a flat topped piston but yeah i'd rather just return it and get the correct piston rather than risking it and killing my barrel off i've attached a picture of the two pistons together so you guys can see what i'm talking about 20161214_183546.jpg
  5. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    If it all measures correct I would slap some holes in the skirt and run it.
    That said I've had 2wossner pistons seize on my. Think it was my impatience both times tho as they recommend close tolerances.
  6. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    I think the one you have removed is the wrong part as all my 125 - 144 - 165 pistons have the ports in the sides like the new item.
    would not run it without drilling the exhaust bridge area first.
  7. scott-tmk Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna wr125
    man the original piston from when i bought the bike brand new had just the two little holes for lubrication so and does the wiseco just this new one is completely different though there's another part *8089DB on the box that states its for a 92-99 husqvarna wr125 mine is the 2013 model just before the changed it could be fine but id rather not chance it.
  8. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    Just had a look at what i think was original piston that was fitted to my 2010 or a mates 2009 125 and low and behold that has no cut outs on the sides so stand corrected on that but all the 144 and 165 pistons do have them.
    If your not happy running it dont but I think it will be fine if it all measures up the same as the old one .
    scott-tmk likes this.
  9. scott-tmk Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna wr125
    i've just been discussing it with my enduro mates and they've all said get a vernier on it which i have and up on the height and width of the piston its bang on the same just obviously the wossner has cut outs and is minus the oil holes like the factory piston but they all seem confident it'll be fine does anyone know what size drill bits to use for drilling the piston?
  10. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Measure the holes in the original piston.
    Don't mean to sound rude but are you up to the job?
    If not Take it to Someone who is, as I said in first post if the deck height is the same and the other measurements are the same it will be fine.

The deck height is from gudgeon pin to flat of piston.
    The cut off in the side of the wossner should match up to your transfer ports that will help scavenging.
    justintendo likes this.