1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Husqvarna wr125 frames too tight.

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by scott-tmk, Oct 14, 2016.

1. scott-tmk Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna wr125
    Hi..guys its been a while since i've posted on here but im desperate..just changed all the swingarm bearings and bushes on my husky..but now im trying to refit the swing arm and it seems that the frame is abit too tight for the swing arm im stumped has anyone else had this issue?
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Yes, I had this problem on my 450. I'm going to bet that you have 2 sets of bushings, a long set and a short set. If so, the short set goes in from the inside, then the long set ALSO goes in through the short set on the inside. No bushings go in from the outside (frame side).
  3. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    YEA THAT SHIT HAD ME ALL MESSED UP IT ONLY GO'S ONE WAY...THE RIGHT WAY FLIP'EM AROUND
  4. JasonfromMN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None right now :(
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    I've had that issue with my 4 stroke too. It's like a mm too tight and it won't budge. I gently used a prybar (don't remember exactly where) and it went together just fine.
  5. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Same on my 125/165 but it's a single bushing which inserts from the inside. Checks the parts image to be sure :cheers:
  6. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Hmmmm. I wonder if the original poster ever got the problem sorted out....:excuseme:
  7. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Anyone have a picture of the correct way. Is this the same on the wr250-300 models?
  8. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Here's the parts pic for the 300
    wr300-swingarm.gif
  9. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    Yeah both spacers go on the inside of the swing arm. Strange but that's how husky do it.
  10. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    I've ridden with em both ways n didn't notice any difference. Was sure that one would go in each side despite havin that parts diagram on hand. Was tight to get it in but it went! Runnin as they should be now think I put an oring in to try help seal swingarm bearings a bit. Seems stupid that ud leave one side exposed to water, dirt, mud
  11. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    The thing that bothered me was that the inside bushings looked like they weren't going to touch the engine cases, while the outside just seemed too wide. I probably spent twenty minutes trying to get the swingarm to go back in before noticing this. That's when I took a break and checked the parts schematic. Once I saw that and put the bushings in properly, the swingarm took about 15 seconds to line up and slip right in. It is certainly a lesson that I will never forget about Husqvarna swingarms!:rolleyes:
    lankydoug and shawbagga like this.
  12. scott-tmk Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna wr125
    Rode it to work this morning it felt like a hard tail bobber the suspension sucked..tinkered at work still stumped i checked the forum to see you guys had replied..which then made me realise why my suspension sucked due to me fitting the bushings wrong..ie

Small bushing on the outer side of the swingarm and the tophat style bushing's on the innerside when it should of been small bushing then larger bushing both on on the inner side of the swingarm facing outwards

Thanks for all your quick replies and help guys couldnt belive how eaisly the swing arm slotted in with everything in the correct place!!