1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Husqvarna TE 510 09 gas pump problem

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by nidingr, Sep 1, 2014.

1. nidingr Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna TE510 2009
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 250 1991
    Hello
    I'm having a problem with my gas pump. Was out running today and suddenly it stoped working while running... First thought it was out of fuel, but the gas tank was half empty.

When I turned over the key, it would normaly make a "swirling" sound when the pump sucks gas into the system, but this was gone. Now you can only hear a relay clicking.
    Anyone know if it's a common problem? I've heard that the black cable going inside the gas tank might have gotten loose? Or that it might be the "quick" connection on the tank?

Have anyone else had the same problem?
  2. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    When fuel pumps develop a layer of grime, grit and varnish inside the pump, heat will then expand the pump and it will stop turning. See if the pump turns when the bike is cooled off. If it does, you need to get a new pump.If it doesnt turn when the bike cools down, you still need a new pump.
    268fords and Michelmoel like this.
  3. nidingr Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna TE510 2009
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 250 1991
    aaaaah... Basicly need a new pump anyway then. I'm guessing that you're correct about it because it happend when I gave it full throttle..
    Thanks mate, I'll get right on ordering a new one.
  4. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    Before you buy a $500 spare fuel pump, do what you said yourself, check the connections.
  5. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG

Fuel pump replacement is $129US
    http://ca-cycleworks.com/products/fuel-carbs/fp-hus-5680

I do agree though, check the fuses and the electrical connections if it does not prime when bike is cold.
    JonXX likes this.
  6. nidingr Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna TE510 2009
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 250 1991
    I've checked the fuses and they are good and everything's working great besides the pump. Then I pulled the pump out i discovered that the black cable was broken off...

[IMG]

I tested the pump directly on a battery and it was working fine, with no more noice than usual.

When i connected everything back on, nothing but the light works. So something's wrong...

I've discovered that its some problem from the on/off switch on the handlebar. When its off, the speedo lights up, but if I push it, the speedo will turn dark. Dont know if its a broken wire since i cant find any wear on any of the cables. Also tried to cut loose the cables so that they're not tuching the frame.

It sais E41E on the speedo if that's for any help
  7. swamp Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    yea
    my2012 te 250 just coughed and died today out in the forest. the fuel pump doesn't "prime" when i turn the bike on. pulled the pump out of the bike trail side . all connections are good.. replaced all fuses.. still the pump makes no sound . where can i get a new pump fast thanks!!

Attached Files:

8. RideLI631 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 FE501, 09 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hypermotard, Honda Shadow ,DR650
    I had a very similar problem with my 09 510. I would get stuck in the trail (and the middle of the dunes in Glamis CA =( because of my fuel pump. Or what i thought was my fuel pump. Bike would die and then when you turned the kill switch to on it would just click at the relay and not prime. Bike would still turn over no problem but fuel pump would do nothing. Sometimes it would start sometimes it wouldn't. Could NOT figure the problem out for the life of me. I thought it was electrical so i went about replacing the whole harness... Still the same problem after that. I brainstormed and thought to replace the start/stop switch. No problems since then 3k miles later same fuel pump!