1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Husqvarna sms125 counter balance shaft timing

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by jacobbb, Nov 30, 2014.

1. jacobbb Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 sm610s
    Hello all I've recently done a full rebuild on my 125 but out of all the pictures I had taken I've not got any of how the balance shaft goes back together. I've got a timing mark on the bottom cog on the balance shaft. Then a mark on the Bottom secondary cog, then the cog ontop of that one has a mark. So they are all lined up... But how do you time that up to the clutch basket and the main cog coming of the crankshaft?

Any pictures comments are welcome. I'm complete stuck now

Thanks Jacob
  2. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    Any chance of a pic ? havnt got a clue but the clutch main gear will not need aligning. The other gears ie crank and balance shaft I would assume would have a line or dot that has to be lined up other than those two I cant picture anything else that would need timing.
  3. jacobbb Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 sm610s
    I'll try and get one. It's all back together now but it's defiantly not right as its rumbling on tick over but is better once revved up. The way you line up the secondary counterbalance gear to the crank gear is through the clutch basket.
    I done piston top dead centre a ligned the counterbalance up with the clutch basket. It's not right though
  4. jacobbb Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 sm610s
    The secondary counterbalance shaft is the bottom right cog

Attached Files:

5. jacobbb Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 sm610s
    This is where you see the counterbalance marked up with the secondary cog, then the clutch basket connects between the crank cog and the balance shaft secondary cog
    Cheers and all help is appreciated

Attached Files:

6. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    Does the rumble shut up or almost if the clutch is pulled ? If so thats pretty normal, cant really make out much from the pics and must admit it looks a little different to what I pictured in my head, Have you looked on line for a manual ?
  7. jacobbb Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 sm610s
    Right I've sorted it now :) like a tw*t I put the crankshaft cog on upside down. Which is why I couldn't see a small dimple on it to like it up to the clutch basket with

This is what it should look like for anyone else who gets stuck

Cheers for your help though mate image.jpg image.jpg
  8. jacobbb Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 sm610s
  9. Dddragan Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 125 2001
    Other Motorcycles:
    no
    Hello. I don't know if anyone will see the answer because this topic is long overdue. I am a mechanic and they brought me a machine from the same engine and I don't know exactly how to set the balance gears. What you wrote is ok but how you put dots on those two gears under the basket. There is a balancer on them, so that is very important. Thank you in advance . How does it work now ???