1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Husqvarna part prices vs jap part prices

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by drazic, Mar 25, 2013.

1. drazic Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 250 2011
    Has anyone else noticed that there seems to be premium for husqvarna parts compared to the jap bikes. For some reason on several UK sites they charge you a lot more for the hi flo oil filters compared to say a CRF 250.

But after looking at hi flo's website they take the same filter?

Seems a bit odd?
  2. Soviet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TC 450
    Yeah. You're getting hosed by dealers thinking husky is a premium brand. Unique? Yes. Premium? No. Heck, Husqvarna for a number of years was the cheapest bike offered on the market for both 2 and 4 stroke varients. All the parts that I buy here in the U.S from my dealer are no more expensive than if I ordered the same part from honda. Heck, possibly cheaper in some cases. Now that you know the drill, find yourself a good dealer or buy them online.
    pvduke likes this.
  3. drazic Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 250 2011

I certainly will be spending more time shopping around. It seems parts are easier to source in America and Canada. Is the brand bigger in the U.S?
  4. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
  5. Soviet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TC 450
    Strange you mention that. I figured that the U.S would definitely have more expensive part prices compared to the euro market because they all have to travel much further. However, It seems the prices may not be relative. A 530 top end kit for a 510 motor is 650 US dollars here. It's apparently 650 GBP as well. Strange, considering the british pound is stronger than the dollar. Husky is still a very small brand here. It's very rare to see any other huskies when I go riding. I see 1 every couple rides, TOPS, and I live in the bay area of California. Our GDP is higher than most countries and our housing prices are absolutely absurd. You would think if there is gonna be a lot of anything, it would be here. They are banging bikes though. I like em. :)
  6. drazic Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 250 2011

Well i'Ne never seen a husky on an mx track and when i did go and do some enduro on my supermoto most of the bikes were KTM and again not one husky. After looking quite alot last night there are other sites in the uk to buy parts from but they are still limited. Might just have to order bits through the dealer which always works out more over here. Don't talk about house prices, where i am it's £170,000 for a 1 bedroom flat! What do you like about the husky's so much?
  7. Soviet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TC 450
    I like that they aren't common and are still a good dependable bike. There are competitive in the hands of a capable rider, and I think they look totally badass. :) I sold the two KTM's I had when i noticed everyone and their mother had one. Out here a honda or kawasaki is less common than a ktm. They really are in full swing here in the states. Parts are readily available and its not uncommon to have them in 1 week if it's a special order, which is just as fast or faster than my local ktm or honda place.

One thought for you, order your dealer parts from the states. With your exchange rate, you should be able to get stuff super cheap! Unless the parts are massive and shipping would kill you, I know many parts fit in the flat rate USPS boxes and you have em in 6 days time.
  8. drazic Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 250 2011

I didn't realise Ktm were so big over there. I thought Americans hated them. The only problem with getting them from the states is I still pay tax on them. I might try it with a small part and see how that goes. Will definelty get some graphics from the states as I don't think I have seen any that are nice here.

Is there any places you would recommend to get parts from?

Cheers
  9. street2dirt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 TXC310, WR300, 85 125WR, 82 175XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G650X
    I don't see where the Husky prices are way more than the Big4. I think most are the same or less. When I recently needed a reed cage gasket I went down to my local Hondog dealer since they're the same. They had one but it was $10.50, that's right TEN DOLLARS & FIFTY CENTS for a freaking reed cage gasket. And when I needed stuff for the Mrs TTR125, I don't remember anything being cheap. Plus it all had to be ordered. I've gotten my Husky parts quicker in most cases, but that could be bcuz OUR DEALERS ROCK !
  10. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    I do think it has lots to do with the wavering stability of the euro and draconian taxes that make your parts expensive. I wouldn't hope for better prices from the US much longer. Our politicians are awfully jealous of how much $$$ your taxman shakes out of your pockets.
    manu likes this.
  11. Mik-3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husvarna SM510R 2010
    In Finland that oil filter cost 10.50€ is 13.45 dollars, my 530cc kit cost 550€ is 705 dollars, Gastrol power racing 1 4 litres=70€ is 90 dollars,
  12. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Getting back to the OP topic:

KG Clutch Factory Pro Kevlar Friction Disc Set Price $84.95
    Component - Machine = 2008 Honda CRF450X

OEM Husky plates come as a set, friction AND steel, cannot buy frictions alone $143

I am currently using the cheapest EBC fiber plates in my TE450, they work fine.
  13. Frankie Husqvarna
    C Class

I have a 2008 TC 510. What's so great about Husky's? Ride some KTM's and any Husky will feel magically good. Better yet, ride one of those Husabergs with the slanty engine. Those things suck! My buddy has an FX450 and it feels like its trying to tank slap me in to oblivion all the time. I have never ridden anything with such a divey and twitchy front end. The weight is way too high. The suspension is awful; actually awful on all KTM's I have ridden. The magazines raved about those slanty engined 'Bergs when they came out. The moral? Don't trust magazines! I really don't understand the KTM thing. Good marketing I suppose. Where I live in Vancouver Canada, KTM's are about the only thing people ride. The Japanese dealers are suffering while the KTM dealers are expanding.

With all that being said about KTM's, I do think the Japanese bikes ride better than Husky's and are definitely a more finished product. My Husky is getting closer to the mark but its taken a lot of tuning and fiddling. It really is like all Italian things; designed wonderfully but only 95% finished when it goes out the door of the factory. My bike looks cool and I finally have it working well but I'll go back to riding the Japanese stuff for my next bike. I don't like wrenching on random problems like my water pump impeller falling off, my rear brake line lined up so its rubbing a hole in my engine case, an air filter cage that is too short so that the air filter doesn't seal to the bike well, a clutch slave cylinder that fails within 20 hours of riding, carb floats so high that gasoline pours out of the bike, front forks that haven't been bled properly from the factory so they feel like crap among other things. All these things were easy fixes but I haven't enjoyed dealing with stuff like this. I am fortunate I figured out the air filter didn't fit right before I sucked anything in, especially since I ride in sand all the time.

But, I have my bike sorted now and it rips. The major bits are built super well. My engine only shows 3% leakdown and and the valves haven't moved and it has 50 hours on it with the last 15 hours being in deep sand motocross. The engine is so tough it sustained no damage when the water pump failed. I have my forks sorted, stock valving, 6 clicks stiffer on compression, and 305cc of oil and they are great despite what the magazine reviews said about them. The Sachs shock on my bike is every bit as good as that on my last bike, a YZ250. The bike is stable yet corners extremely well. It has more power than any other bike I have ridden but is also pretty docile for putting through tight woods.

Parts are easy to get in the States. I just got a high flow water pump which included a new impeller and housing from Motosportz for only $44. It seems like the Husky dealers in the States try extra hard. Everything is cheaper in America it seems, even things made in Canada cost less to buy in America than they do in Canada.
    manu likes this.
  14. drazic Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 250 2011

Interesting opinions. I have not ridden my bike yet. There must be a reason why the husky's are a lot cheaper second hand. I had a yz 125 and everything went wrong that could. It will be an interesting ownership, hopefully not as expensive the 125.

I will try the dealers here. It's a shame there is not the same amount of decals and graphics as the jap and ktm's and just after market parts.
  15. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

years ago, a a comparison was done on pistons, rings, gaskets, body plastic, husky matched or beat them all. doubt it has changed to much.
  16. Flynn Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    I have noticed this reading on forums as well, I figured the opposite would be true since Huskies were featured in "On any Sunday".

Could it have been that they were big in the 70-80s and then got forgotten about?

I have noticed the main components are quite nice but the trim and switch gear generally look like something you might get for $10 on eBay.

Gotta say I am shocked, I thought Husqvarana had the opposite image, I thought they were the only true rival to the mighty KTM. They are the oldest motorcycle manufacturer, I think that oughta count for something.

Parts supply is tragically bad though. I have recently had to wait 15 days for an oil pump gasket. The dealers just don't care.

I notice on my 610 that the major parts seem of reasonable quality but the small bits like the carb boot for instance doesn't clamp properly on the air box because the flange on the air box is too short.

Generally it seems that the trim and smaller items are of Chinese quality whilst the main components are premium.

From a premium brand I expect the whole lot to the premium, not cost cutting measures strewn about all over the place!

Rant over.
  17. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class