Husqvarna Motorcycles announce all new 250cc factory machine

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by ray_ray, Apr 14, 2015.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Not sure what this means exactly but I'm a Lifer 250cc Husqvarna rider..

Gitty-up SP...

--

Husqvarna Motorcycles is pleased to announce that they will unveil and compete on new 250cc factory machinery at round four of the FIM Motocross World Championship, set in Italy this weekend.

Wilvo Nestaan Husqvarna Factory Racing’s Aleksandr Tonkov will race aboard the new bike from the first European Grand Prix onwards.

As part of the continuous development within Husqvarna’s motorsport department, the new FC 250 machine showcases a totally new design. Improved in every detail, the new bike has numerous benefits. Lighter, slimmer, with reduced mass within the engine and featuring redesigned bodywork, Husqvarna will maximise their position at the sharp end of the results.

Focusing on the chassis, technicians have developed a new, cutting edge frame. Lighter and stronger than the previous model, the frame design improves torsional rigidity and decreases longitudinal stiffness. The result is better flexibility and feedback to the rider.

The engine features extensive improvements. A fresh design has improved centralised mass and performance. A new fuel injection system and new battery ensures Husqvarna’s MX2 factory bike will be even mre competitive on the racetrack.

Totally redesigning the bodywork and plastics from the ground up, the smoother lines and more compact design ensure the bike is as slim as possible.

Robert Jonas – Head of Husqvarna Motorsports: “Everyone within Husqvarna’s motorsport department is truly excited by the opportunity to compete with a completely new motorcycle in this early stage of only our second season of racing. The new 250cc factory bike is lighter, more powerful, and very easy to handle. This offers us a great technical base from which we hope to go on and win championships.”
  2. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Sounds like 2016 is going to be exciting. Sure been enough hints around that changing designs,,,, etc......
    Now if they can get some front forks decent on there, maybe I will grab one.
    There are several of us not pulling trigger because of forks.
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    [IMG]

There's the pic ...
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  5. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I'm interested to see if there are real chages to it or if its a 2015 ktm 250sxf factory edition. Supposedly when there are major changes like this the enduro models fall a year behind the mx ones. Regardless, they shaved a ton of weight feom their bikes and it's going to be an awesome bike.
  6. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    It's basically the 2015.5 FE250 with different plastics and subframe. Same approach as 2014 and 2015.
    LandofMotards and MotoMarc36 like this.
  7. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    Yep same buzzwords as used in the KTM 250SXF factory edition, which has spoken for itself this season. Should be a ripper.
    ray_ray likes this.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    They should make one brand the off road segment and the other the MX/SX segment then they could concentrate on those specific needs. I'm not sure DeCosters new wonder bike will translate to off road well for the masses. I miss purpose built off road bike with all the amenities and cool ease of maintenance features like zerks and pull axles and stuff. Ones which hole more oil, are way less high strung and the suspension is purposely designed for off road not reconfigured high end complicated stuff that is hard to massage to work right. I'd trade this spendy complicated forks for off road stuff like skid plates and spark arrestors and hand guards and zerks and... Just thinking out loud, nothing more.
    robertaccio, lankydoug and adam6402 like this.
  9. flyingbob Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01 WR360_02 WR250_12 WB165_17 FC350
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VOR400_07 TM450_22 GG250_07 Tuono
    Motocross, supercross & street. Gotta look elsewhere for the offroad focus.

http://www.cycleworld.com/2015/04/0...search-and-development-cycle-world-interview/

What we see for Husqvarna is to attract a different kind of customer. We know that in some countries KTM has a market share of 50 to 70 percent, and we think we can attract some new customers who want to have another product with some Swedish heritage. The plan is to have both brands on the same platform; it’s not feasible to have two completely separate motorcycles. In the past we made Husaberg more enduro-style, but with Husqvarna we decided to go more deeply into motocross and supercross. There the product will not be that different because the only thing that counts is lap times. It will be easier to see the differentiation on the street side. We showed the 701 Supermoto at EICMA, and there are two more Husqvarna streetbikes [the 401 Vitpilen and Svartpilen] that are a future vision of what we want to do.
  10. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    Since I am not a racer, at least not for decades, I guess the new Husky has lost me as a customer, and doesn't want me back. Sure do like my red Huskys though, and plan on running them until they die a natural death. Not sure what will be next but KTM isn't out of the running. Depends on what is out there when the time comes.
    Norman Foley, BILLF and ray_ray like this.
  11. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    That's why I keep looking at pictures of Beta 300s. If they would just include a tool kit that would rock!
  12. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Betas look good, but I want EFI in one of their RS models, and a rear sub-frame that can carry a load. 1.5 Quarts in the sump would be good too!
  13. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Here's the results from the bikes' first weekend of racing ...

--

I'm sticking with my same WAG ... If SP can sell the same dirt bike with only plastic and other ~minor changes, why would he change anything? He's already said sales are beyond what he wanted ...He's got them labeled already to cost a little more than the orange colored one. The Husqvarna brand has value. Sounds like normal business jargon to me. Not sure how much credit to give the Berg line ...

He's attempting, as any business I've read about, to contain chewing into his ktm dirt bikes sales along these lines I guess also ... This one web site is the only data-set I have for calculating brand-loyalty for dirt bikes, so I gotta say it is a low number. That makes me stick with another WAG saying the new Huskies are gonna chew into his ktm sales on dirt bikes. Since he has chosen to keep them locked(?), sale numbers might be a little slower in appearing ... The Husqvarna brand has value.

Attached Files:

flyingbob likes this.
  14. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Excuse me ... But I did not start this thread on a Husqvarna bike to hear about another bikes .. Please stay on topic or go start another thread in another forum to talk about any other bike you please.
    Norman Foley likes this.
  15. fredd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 kx 450f
    Other Motorcycles:
    1995 chopper
    :thumbsup: :applause::banana:
    ray_ray likes this.
  16. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    You tell 'em Ray! Let's keep talking Huskys. I keep wondering if a 250F, would make a good mate to my TE125? Lighter, slimmer and more powerful; a Factory Edition FC250 might just make a good woods weapon!
    ray_ray likes this.
  17. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
  18. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Soooooorrrrrrruyyyy Ray. Let me amend my post to make you happy. Until Husky comes up with a true off road bike and not an Mxer with a lighting coil I'll be looking elsewhere. I for one don't believe the new owner of Husky regarding any press release you post here. That guy is better at talking out of both sides of his mouth and his ass at the same time than the jerks in politics.

When I'm old and need a perfectly groomed surface to race on because rocks, bushes, steep single track,and big hills start to scare me, I'll start shopping for a motocross bike and Husky will surely warrant a look.
  19. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Norman Foley likes this.
  20. flyingbob Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01 WR360_02 WR250_12 WB165_17 FC350
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VOR400_07 TM450_22 GG250_07 Tuono
    No question at all with me. What do you think the meaning of this article is though? http://www.cycleworld.com/2015/04/0...search-and-development-cycle-world-interview/ Left hand, right hand. Say this, do that. Just a very interesting story played by a big group of interesting people. They damn sure love motorcycles, don't they!