Husqvarna 610 weird engine clattering! HELP!

Discussion in '610/630' started by KyleGyoung, Jul 17, 2013.

1. KyleGyoung Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 610 SM
    Hey guys I'm at a loss of what too look for after tearing it down 3 times and finding nothing! It's fine at idle but starts to clatter/tick while it increases rpm, or decelerates. But not under full load! I just replaced the timing chain and it starts like a beauty and runs strong! Thanks guys!

View: http://youtu.be/Tb8B2CGVhpI
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Flywheel nut?

I am only guessing based on previous discussions, no one has ever posted a video about the issue before like you have done - thanks for that.
  3. KyleGyoung Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 610 SM
    Mh... I never re checked the torque when I Checked that case... I torqued it to 100ft lbs when i did the cam
    Chain. and my right side crank nut is tight. The bike never made the noise before I did the cam chain.
    Auto decompression maybe?
  4. 1lunger Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yikes! That's not a good sound! It sounds like something's getting tossed around.
  5. KyleGyoung Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 610 SM
    It sure dose! Both cases show no signs of debris! And the rocket and valves are clear... Possible acct is not locking it's place and the chain is slapping around? I will try to remove spring and insert a rod to pressure test the mechanism
  6. 1lunger Husqvarna
    AA Class

That sounds like a good idea. If that's it and you want my OEM ACCT it's yours. I've got the APEracing manual CCT and I highly recommend getting one too!
  7. KyleGyoung Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 610 SM
    Thanks. Checking flywheel and acct right now
  8. KyleGyoung Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 610 SM
    I've spotted the problem.. Laugh all you want but it was hard to find! The bushing for one of the gears fell out of the case on install and was dancing in the gears... No visible damage. Should be fine now I hope!

Attached Files:

9. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I don't think anyone is going to laugh. Thanks for getting back to us what the problem was, it could help others.
  10. KyleGyoung Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 610 SM
    Scratch that. Removed and replaced the bushing. Still clatters like hell :(
  11. Perri Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM610
    Not the water pump impeller come loose?
  12. KyleGyoung Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 610 SM
    No, I've checked that too! Today I am re doing the cam chain from beginning to end looking for loose ends. Dose anyone know how the auto decompression that's on the cam shaft works? Is there a spring to hold the flipper down?
  13. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Did it quiet down when you did the rod on the chain guide idea? Curious to hear if that yielded any insight.
  14. 1lunger Husqvarna
    AA Class

Any luck??
  15. BRUCETANDY Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1991 wxe 610
    Kyle, thanks for posting. good luck! New owner 1991 wxe 610 ,has head noise but not like yours.Trying 2 find shop manual for my mechanic for repair/adjustment next week.Will get his ideas for you .Will post what I find out
    Coffee likes this.
  16. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Take a closer look at your timing chain adjuster.
  17. tumppi Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    sm610
    check the cam sprocket. I installed the sprocket 180dergees wrong. (Yes it's possible when you work in dark garage.)
    Result was cracked sprocket and tinkle sound. Auto decompression system didn't work right so it tinkles just like in your movie.
    Idle was ok, but in revs the sound was horrible.
  18. 1lunger Husqvarna
    AA Class

Have you found the problem yet?
  19. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

Got me.... dying to find out though. It sounds like something simple though....
  20. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

Don't think it's the de-comp. sounds like the tensioner didn't push in.... spring missing?? and the chain is slapping against a dead tensioner. Just my 2 cents