1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Husqvarna 360 Auto (1977)

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by JonoF, Nov 10, 2021.

1. JonoF Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    77 250CR and 76 360 Auto
    Other Motorcycles:
    74 Ducati 750S; 73 Ducati 450 Desmo
    G’Day Husky Legends

I would be grateful for your advice and a 360 Auto Service Manual if anyone has one.

I recently bought a 360 Auto (1977) and have put it on Historic Registration in Australia. Having done a fair bit of 4WDing in my time, the complete absence of engine braking on the 360 Auto is terrifying. My brain just hasn’t made the cataclysmic leap.

Anyway, back to the reason for my post:

(1) my 360 Auto is holding onto the gears for way to long in the higher rev range. I have been “changing” gears by blipping the throttle down for a millisecond and that seems to get me there. Is that normal? Or is the bike meant to change gears as smooth as butter?;

(2) does anyone have any service manuals or other fun reading material for a 77 360 Auto?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers

Jono

Attached Files:

2. Vinskord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    400 CR
    Welcome to Cafe Husky. Many Auto owners here with a wealth of info. Using the search function (upper right hand of page) will result in many shared tech and riding experiences.

Here is a link to an Auto Service Manual and much more:

http://www.3medesign.com/technical-data.html
    DeathFromAbove likes this.
  3. JonoF Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    77 250CR and 76 360 Auto
    Other Motorcycles:
    74 Ducati 750S; 73 Ducati 450 Desmo
    Absolutely legend!!! Thanks mate!!!
  4. stormer254 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    More than I dare let her know
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes!
    Sounds like a PO has changed some of the springs , you could get different rate springs for the 3 secondary clutches that changed the revs the box changes gear, useful for MX. I don't feel mine change gear, not smooth as butter but pretty close.