1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

Husky Wet 125 Idle Problems

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by DannyCoke14, Feb 14, 2019.

1. DannyCoke14 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha yzf-r 125
    Hey all hoping someone has a little advice they can throw my way, brought a WRE 125 and after a few runs out it started to stall on idle (anything below 2k). I have not experienced this before so I’m not sure where the best place to start is and before I start removing things, I want to see if it’s something someone else has dealt with or knows about the problem.
    Thanks is advance
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Without knowing anything else. I'd check to make sure the pilot jet didn't get plugged.
  3. DannyCoke14 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha yzf-r 125
    Sorry, should have gave more info.
    Carb is clear and clean I’ve been told that there could be a problem with the stator but with the only issue being that the bike stalls on idle I’m not convinced, the bike is fine once riding but as soon as you stop and the bike idles it dies but will kick straight up after no issues. To me it seems like air flow or fuel but can’t understand how.
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    recheck pilot jet. Remove it from the carburetor and blow compressed air through it. Make sure you see daylight through it. Then remove the air screw. Make sure you remember how many turns it was backed off from bottom (usually 1/2 to 1 and 1/2 turns with the right pilot jet), blow compressed air into the orifice that holds that screw. It should come out where the pilot jet screws in and also from the tiny pinhole in the throat of the carburetor where the vacuum draws the fuel out when the slide is at its idle position. When you are absolutely sure that all air and fuel passages in the pilot circuit are cleared, then you can move on. If you have done this procedure already, then you can move on to another system, such as engine compression or power valve dirty and stuck open or ignition problem. Does not sound like an ignition problem though. My Wr 125 stopped running at high RPMs and it was the igniter unit that had gone bad.
    gaz likes this.
  5. PawPaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TC 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Crf450R + old CB750
    If in fact the carb is spotless as are the jets, Check the float height.

Paw Paw
    Dirtdame likes this.
  6. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Take a look at your reeds and check the intake for cracks.
  7. Crashaholic Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    73 450WR 6spd motor in a 75 MK frame
    If the pilot jet is clear I would then proceed with checking for an air leak. When an engine is at idle it relies upon an air tight system to maintain vacuum at the carb in order for the pilot-jet circuit to work. Small leaks typically don't affect operation above idle until the engine is pushed hard for an extended period where seizing is then likely. Air leaks can exist in the intake manifold system, at the base of the cylinder, or at one or both of the crank seals.

To test for leaks seal the intake and exhaust using rubber expansion plugs and apply 5 to 6 psi to the combustion chamber. It shouldn't drop anymore than a pound in five minutes. A spray bottle of water with a few drops dish soap will allow you to locate a leak source when bubbles form.
    MotoChuck likes this.