1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Husky TE250 2011 4ST Please Help

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by jetmani, Oct 3, 2014.

1. jetmani Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hey guys,

Today I went for a ride in the forest, going very slow I dropped the bike , picked it up pushed the button had absolutely nothing , no noises or anything. I end up getting towed back out the forest by a buddy. I took it to a car wash after I finished the bike fired back up again, get it home bike fires up and runs fine. Whilst in the bush we tried 3 new fuses but still nothing. The bike obviously has a gremlin,
    Can anybody tell me where I start looking?

Thanks.
  2. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    loose battery terminal?
  3. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    It didn't start with the electric starter or kick start?
  4. jetmani Husqvarna
    AA Class

Checked battery terminals they're fine

No wouldn't start with kick start either, when I pushed the button there was no fuel pump prime, there was nothing.
    The bike is starting and running fine now, but I need to find the problem, don't want to get stuck in the middle of the forest again.
  5. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    My fuel pump just stopped working when it failed. Never worked again. Id check everything from the ignition first. Does your dash light up when the pump wont prime?
  6. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Pick up some silicon dielectric grease and go through your plugs. Major plugs to check/grease are the ecu plug under the tank, the computer/speedometer and around the start solenoid. Personally, I'd check them all.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  7. jetmani Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes dash still lights up.
  8. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Go with what he said ;). It probably is something simple. If it is the fuel pump there are options other then one from husky. Zip ty sells them too
  9. kawasaki Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te-310
    Other Motorcycles:
    harley,yamaha
    I hear you man. I bought a brand new husky te-310 just last july. it was a 2011 model but brand new never started 0 miles on it. I paid $6300 cash for it out the door. I have only put about 400 miles on it and have already blown though about 30 fuses on it. 28 of those were the 20A fuse. sometimes the bike wouldn't start at all with button start or kick after a long ride. but I found out if I let the engine cool down for about 30 minutes after a long ride then the pump prime will come on and let me start the bike. one time the main fuse blew in the middle of the street my fuel injection shut down speedo lights everything I had to push it off the road and called off at work. the 20A fuse has been a serious problem. I never know when its going to blow. sometimes I will get 15 or 16 miles out of it before it blows but last night it blowing every quarter mile. I went through a brand new package of 6 - 20A fuses in just 7 miles. people kept flashing their lights at me and honking at me like get the fuck off the road with that bike. don't these people understand im not the perpetrator of this situation. the dealership I bought it from rejected me for repair service on it I took it back about a month ago. so I tried a few other husky dealers in my city. one dealership was trying to fix it and it blew 3 20A fuses with the engine in idle while they were trying to troubleshoot the problem. then the main fuse blew. the mechanic went to his car and got me a main 20 fuse from his car. they gave up on it. they said the huskys that were built by bmw only certain dealerships can work on them. they only work on the ktm produced huskys. then I took it to another dealer who kept it for 3 weeks and then finally gave it back to me because they couldn't get parts for it. last night was ridiculous. after I pulled off the road for the 4th time to change the 20A fuse again the last fuse in my package of fuses and after driving about 4 miles in the dark trying my damnest not to get pulled over by a cop for no lights I finally pulled into a grocery store and bought an eveready square shaped flashlight and some really strong masking tape. I taped it to the front fender and wow. a shadetree mechanic half ass front light to get me home. I even passed a cop and he didn't even pull me over.
  10. jetmani Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hey Kawasaki that's no good at all especially only after 400 miles, I must say this is the first time the bike has ever let me down since I bought it new.

I didn't mention before yesterday's ride I had a radiator repaired as it was twisted so I had the fuel tank off also,

Could I have done something wrong reinstalling everything?
  11. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    Yes. Check around the radiator for any impacts or possible cut wires that might be shorting. A fair amount of loose and bundled wires pass through and around.
  12. jetmani Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hey guys,

I got the bike back from the bike shop today, the problem was a corroded connection on the wire that runs down from ignition along side the right radiator , bike mechanic said it was a mongrel to find.

Thanks for all your advice and help.
    Boogie likes this.
  13. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Glad you got it sorted out. These bikes are generally rock solid but being race bikes the clearances are tight and they require some steadfast inspection to assure the wiring is tip top. Enjoy:cheers:
    jetmani likes this.